Chapter 4| Slytherin

"Don't worry you'll love us soon" he said placing his arm around me. I slapped him off and put my head down. I didn't eat at all and immeaditly went with my group to my room and slept.  I woke up to lots of talking. I was cuddled up in my blanket and hugging my pillow.

I was dry of tears and couldn't cry anymore. I heard steps walking up the stairs. "Let's go we have classes!" a girl said yanking my blanket off. I decided not to protest and put on my Slytherin uniform. "We've got McGonagall first, be quick" I heard her yell.  I grabbed my bag and left with the girl.

"I wish we could've met another way, but you didn't seem up to it yesterday" she said. "I'm Pansy, Pansy Parkinson" she said holding out her hand. "Y/N, Y/n... " I stuttered. "Riddle?" she asked. "I guess." I said shrugging.  

"I wouldn't be such a downer, your father was a legend!" she said smiling. "For what" I said. "Well.. Harry Potter is more of the legend but he was the one who defeated Lily and James Potter, but failed to defeat Harry" she said. "My dad tried to kill Harry?" I asked. "Yeah, that's why no one knows where he is, my opinion he is just building up his strength to prepare for his revenge" she said grinning.

"Okay, here we are" I said. We sat all the way in the back corner even though there were about six seats in the front and a few in the middle. After class had started no one had seen McGonagall, but there was a cat sitting on her desk for the past 10 minutes. Then, Harry and Ron came rushing in panting. "Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron said.

The cat jumped off the desk and transformed into McGonagall. The boys looked astonished with their mouths hung open. "That was bloody brilliant!" Ron exclaimed. "Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter or yourself into a pocket watch, maybe one of you would be on time" she said. Pansy giggled.

"We got lost" Harry said. "Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats" she said. Most of the class started chuckling, I sat there with my legs close to my chest. 

~ Time Skip~

"Class you're dismissed" McGonagall said. Pansy grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room. "Come on, we're going to Snape's lesson!" she said excited. "What's so great about it" I said. "Snape is teaching Potions, plus he loves Slytherin, That's us!" she said. "I know" I said.

"Come on! Its right here" she said. This time we sat in the second row as the front was full of many Slytherins already. "If you wouldn't have been sulking we could've been in the front row!" she exclaimed. "Sorry Pansy" I said. "It's fine, at least we're kind of in the front" she said glancing me a smile.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few , who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper  in death.  Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention" Snape said glaring at Harry. Hermione nudged Harry in the ribs, he looked up from his paper and up at Snape. "Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asked, Hermione's hand shot up as Harry shrugged. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" he asked. Hermione's hand shoots up again as Harry shrugs.

"I don't know, Sir." Harry said. "And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?" Snape asked. "I don't know, Sir." Harry said. "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?" Snape said. I felt bad for Harry and when Draco laughed I felt even worse because I didn't want to defend him and every Slytherin hate me, and I don't even know if he thinks we're friends or not so why would I?

About Midday Me and Pansy were sitting in the Great Hall doing homework when we heard a big BOOM! It was Seamus Finnegan, his spell blew up in his face! LITERALLY! Everyone starts laughing until a flock of owls fly in with mail. I see everyone getting mail, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Draco, even Pansy. I assumed Mom and Dad would send me something but then I remembered they probably wouldn't because they'd figured I would've found out by now.

I sat looking at Pansy's letter until I felt my owl fly past me and drop a letter off. It was wrapped in a black envelope. On it was written, To: Y/N Riddle, From: Mother. I didn't know if this was Mrs. Riddle or Mrs. Granger but I have to look!