Chapter 13| A Plan

"I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable." Hermione said.
"Speak for yourself. All right there, Harry?" I said. "My scar. It keeps burning." He said. "It's happened before." Hermione said. "Not like this." He said.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse." Ron said. "I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming. Uhh! Oh. Of course! " he said. "What is it?" I asked. "Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one?. I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? " Harry said walking up to Hagrid. "Why didn't I see it before? Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?" Harry asked. "I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up." Hagrid said. " The stranger, though, you and he must have talked." Harry stated.

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said. "After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem." He said." And did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Harry asked. "Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, "The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep." Hagrid said. We all were shocked that he had told us the way to get past Fluffy. "I shouldn't have told you that. Where you going?! Wait!" Hagrid yelled as we ran off.

We followed Harry all the way to McGonagall's classroom. "We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!" Harry exclaimed. "I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London." McGonagall said. "He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about...the Philosopher's Stone." Harry said. "How do you know-" she started.

"Someone's going to try and steal it." Harry said. "I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." She said. We left the room and walked down the long corridors. "That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape, which means he knows how to get past Fluffy." Harry said. "And with Dumbledore gone" Hermione said as snape appeared behind us.

"Good afternoon. Now, what would three young Gryffindors and one Slytherin such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?" Snape asked. "Uh...we were just..." Hermione stuttered. "You want to be careful. People will think you're up to something. " he said glaring at Harry and leaving. "Now what do we do?" Hermione said. "We go down the trapdoor. Tonight." Harry said.