Chapter 9| Winter Break

"Hermione, I need to talk.. boy talk" I said sitting down. "Okay, who is it?" She asked. "Well, I've been talking to Draco lately right, so I thought we were great friends. But Goyle and Crabbe say that he doesn't say bad things or friendly things about me so what do I take from that?" I said. "Well, I believe that that means he likes you. Like, not as a friend. But I don't have expirence with boys so I wouldn't know" she said. "Okay but why do you think that because we only ever talked about our interest" I said.

"Well why don't you just ask him" she said. "Because even if he did I wouldn't want to ruin the friendship we have, plus you don't like him" I said. "It doesn't matter if I don't like him, you're the one who's going to be with him" she said. "You'd really support me if I did this" I said. "As long as he made you happy, then I would be happy" she said placing her hand on mine.

"Thanks, by the way when should I meet up with you to go home?" I asked. "Evening time, I'll be in the great hall" she said.

~Time Skip~

I went back to the common room to grab my bags. I saw it was very bare as everyone was heading to go home. I saw Pansy's things were gone and all of the other girls as well. I grabbed my things and I began to leave when I heard someone. "Y/N, you're leaving?" Draco asked.

"Yes, aren't you?" I said. "Oh yes, I just thought you were staying" he said. "Nope, going with Hermione. Speaking of she'll kill me if I'm not down their in time" I said about to leave. "Oh, okay, but can I give you something before you leave" he said. "Umm, sure" I said.

He handed me a black velvet box and said " open this the day of Christmas, and only then" he said. "I'm sorry, I didn't get you anything" I said. "It's fine, have a good Christmas" he said. "You too" I said walking out placing the box in my pocket. I walked into the great hall and saw Harry and Ron playing chess, and Hermione watching them.

"Hey guys" I said. "Hey Y/N! What's up" Ron said. "Nothing, ready to go Hermione" I said. "Yeah let's go!" She said. "Okay, bye guys Merry Christmas" Harry and Ron said.

"Merry Christmas guys!" Hermione and I said. We boarded the train and sat in a compartment by ourselves. "I got you a gift because I didn't know if Mom and Dad would" she said handing me a rectangular red box. "Thank you, you really didn't have to" I said. "I wanted to, don't worry about it"she said.

I read the tag that said 'Don't Open Until Christmas Day'. "Thank you!" i said hugging her as the velvet box fell out of my pocket. "What's That?" She said. "Just something Draco gave me" I said. "Oh, well now we know" she said.

"What?" I asked. "He wouldn't have gave you that if he didn't like you Y/N" She said.