3

After a long and very cold shower, Harry dried himself off and walked over to his room. He put on some shorts and some pants, an sat down. Hermione had been talking about wings and claws. Harry looked at his hands. Nothing special. Though, he did feel like something was under his nails, in his fingertips, and also something under his shoulderblades, as if something had folded itself there. So, he closed his eyes, and imagined his fingers were extending, growing longer, pointy nails growing at the ends, and his shoulderblades unfolding, growing.

A light breeze of wind went through the room, Harry's magic spread itself, along with a dark, heavy scent. He drew in deep breaths, his lungs filling and deflating. A warm feeling, a tingeling sensation went trough his body, making him almost shiver. Harry opened his eyes, and felt a smirk come up. His hands, no, his claws. Big enough to tear someone up in one move, sharp enough to cut trough stone, strong enough to squeeze a tree to mush. Purple veins shone trough his blue-ish skin, his black nails at the ends of the muscular fingers. Right after his wrists, the skin blended into his own skin colour again, lightly tanned.

He stood up and walked over to the mirror that hung above a desk in a corner of his room. He felt a light weight pulling on his back, and when he stood in front of the mirror, his smile broadened even more. Big, wide and overall strong blue-ish black wings grew out of his back, like they have always been there, like they were ment to be there. He spread them and curled them around himself, making a cocoon, so he could feel what they felt like. Leathery, with broad, strong nails at the ends. From top to bottom/ends, his wings were a rich, dark blue, fading into black with on the outside spikes, he had noticed. Soft on the inside, to protect his mates, and rough and deadly on the outside for enemies.

And now, retract, Harry thought. This time he didn't close his eyes, and he felt less of the wings going back inside his back. It was as easy as pulling your tongue back in after you stuck it out, this naturally it felt. He saw his wings growing in reverse, like they were shrinking, going back to baby-wings state, and at the end little stumps disappearing back inside. This all within seconds. He did the same with his fingers, uhm, claws. The colour faded from his wrists up to his fingers, shrinking back into normal size, with carefully cleaned nails at the ends, rose pink slender fingers and soft hands. This also within a matter of seconds.

He then sought out a shirt to wear, pulled it on as well as underwear, jeans and shoes, and got ready to go downstairs again, for he had spent all morning in his room, washing and trying out his new body. He took a deep breath and walked down the stairs, taking in all the smells of the house, all the sounds and the new light that shone through his new eyes. He was excited to go back to school again, but wondered why two weeks early. He went in the living room, next to the kitchen, and spotted his two friends at the diningtable, Hermione reading the newspaper and Ron going through a copy of quiditch through the ages.

'Hermione, this morning you said we would be going back to school two weeks early. Any idea why?' Harry said as he asked kreacher for a glass of juice. 'Not really, Harry. We got a letter three days ago, from Dumbledore, requesting us to come two weeks early. But I do think it has something to do with your new.. state, Harry. Because we do not know yet what powers you posses, and what strengths and so on.' she looked a little concerned but then cheered up. 'Hopefully it's nothing bad, but I'll be going with you guys so it'll be fun. Just the three of us in this huge empty school, who knows what passages and secrets we could discover. There still are a lot of floors and roads I haven't explored yet.'

Ron looked up from his book, 'since when have you been the exploring type. Wait, you always were. Uhm, since when have you been exploring the school?' He looked at her questioningly. Hermione smiled and said, 'Finally taking an interest, hm?' she laughed and continued, 'since always, Ron. The day I arrived I wanted to know all about everything. The starry ceiling in the great hall, the stairs that keep moving, secret passages that appear when you're in a rush.' She looked off into the distance, seeing all of the said locations in her mind. In the mean time kreacher brought Harry his juice.

'Well, the more roads we know, the faster we can escape to chill places', Ron filled in. Miss Weasely had just walked in again and asked if they would like some lunch. A yes filled the air fast, and Miss Weasely went to the kitchen to prepare some lunch. Harry thought about what Hermione had said. Would their early return to Hogwarts have something to do with his inheritance, with his changes? And what would Dumbledore want to do with this? What would happen? A whole lot of people would treat him differently now, but quitting school would be no option, he should at least finish this school, and then he would do self study, find out what he could acchieve with this title he inherited.

His thoughts were diusturbed by a plate that was placed in front of him, filled with egg, toast, cooked tomatoe, paprika, a muffin and some grapes. His glass was refilled as well, somehow he had drank it empty while thinking about school. He noticed he was quite hungry, must be because of the training into his wings and claws, so he attacked his food. He finished his plate quite fast again, and noticed an awfull smell had mixed into the air. That's the moment a tiny, red haired girl walked in. 'Harry, you're awake!'