17

Hermione and Ron entered the room with calm, calculated steps while they left Malfoy at the doorstep. 

"Take one step, one fast movement, one sharp breath and it'll be the last one you take,"Hermione explained with a serious voice, no sign of sympathy on her face. 

The walk from the slytherin common room to their tiny dorm had been in silence, only the sound of shoes on the ground resonating through the halls. Now and then they passed a student, each one staring at them, knowing that the combination of two fierce gryffindors and a proud slytherin ment no good. Hermione and Ron acknowledged not even one. 

"Come in, Draco, but please leave your shoes at the door. Dragonhide leather was maybe not the perfect choice for our first meeting," a voice sounded from the direction of the stairs. Fred beckoned the slytherin closer, as he sat on the second step. A blue velvet-kind-of suit or dress, something feminent yet strong, had been wrapped around his shoulders, and behind him stood his brother in the same but red. The both of them looked very inviting and warm, though a hint of alienation and distance shimmered behind their eyes. From out of the shadows Harry stepped forward, a deep green, almost black, cloak billowing behind him. 

"Draconius Lucius Malfoy. Welcome."

Draco took a step forward, kicking his shoes gracefully off his feet towards the wall, bowed all the way down to one knee and held down his head. He kept awfully quiet as Ron and Hermione looked questioningly at their friend, who was treating their long known enemy as if he was a beloved familymember. 

"Please, stand up and speak." The twins curiously watched as the slender blond boy rose back to his feet. They waved Hermione and Ron to leave, the two looking worried at their friend and their long time enemy. "Leave us, friends," Harry spoke. 

Hermione left in silence, pulling Ron out behind her, almost too shocked to leave.

"I thank you, sire, for your permission and invitation into your home. I hope I have not disturbed you or your mates. I see that you have read my letter, and confirmed it was true. I must appologise to have made it that much work for you." Malfoy was still standing at the door, knowing that taking another step without permission would mean he'd be dinner. 

"It was nothing, Hermione did all the research. I trust her within this innocent age. I must thank you for contacting me so soon already. I had at least expected you during the first steps outside. The tips you gave me were very helpfull too. My bunnies seem to listen better with a bit less pheromones surrounding them, Fred told me it scares them being so.. less surrounded by me, less close and less.. in touch." 

At that last statement, Fred and George blushed, though didn't hesitate to walk over to Draco and take his jacket and shoes to be put away. The two then lead him to an armchair, and sat themselves down opposite of him on the sofa. 

Harry sat down in between them, resting his hands posessively on their thighs. 
"I must ask you though, why do you offer yourself.. like a houseelf.. to me, or rather to us. I imagine you have a lot better things to do, don't you, Draconius?"

The question hung in the air, a threatening tone to see if Draco would budge. He didn't. After a moment of silence, he spoke. 

"Sire, I can assure you, I don't. Serving the house of Bordeaux has been in my family, in my bloodline for centuries. Every new member is assigned by rankings to a certain person of the Bordeaux family. Varying from cousins fourth removed, to the Bordeaux core, the father, mother and child. My father was assigned to your second removed nephew, my mother to your aunt. I have been visiting your summercastle's grounds with my mother and father, and know every last bit about it. I have dedicated my life and blood to serve the bordeaux family. The day I spotted Antoine here, I knew my search wouldn't be long. He was the one who advised me to write a letter. I did so on my own terms, of course. Hermione had, as I recall, thirty-six books. I sought out those books for her, knowing she would find them in certain places. Now if you would like, I have about 74 more books for her to read, all with small parts of very important information, and about 16 scrolls for you, mister Bordeaux."

George had moved from Harry's side to behind Draco's chair. With one glance at Harry, George knew Harry had understood him. 

"Thank you, Draco, for being so honest to me. I would like for you to send me those books and scrolls. I will contact Antoine to discuss our conversation." 

"I look forward to your answer, Sire." With that, Draco stood and bowed. 

"Fred, will you show our guest out, dear?" Harry asked and stood as well. 

"Of course, dear." Fred walked Draco to the door, waited untill he had put on his shoes and his coat, and opened the door for him. "Goodbye, mister Malfoy."