16

'So?..' 

'So..' 

'So what?' 

'Bring him. But no further than the door' 

'Harry are you absolutely sure? This guy has been our enemy for about.. What, five years? I'll count six years because he's an absolute-'

'Ron! language! You can't say things like that when.. These two are here.. and in this state,' Hermione quickly stepped in. 

Harry had just finished reading the letter of 24 pages in which Malfoy had explained everything, going back to the fifth century, when his and Harry's family had an arranged marriage. Then came the children marrying into many, many other bloodlines, then another marriage between the two in the fourteenth century, this time by a failed pregnancy, a scandal, which was quickly put to silence. After that, they kind of disappeared and came back in the eighteenth century as administrators and secondary hunters and helpers. 

Hermione had dived into the library after that, the restricted section now also open for them, as well as the personal libraries in the dungeons specially made for certain families. She came back with 36 books, and read all of them within four days, discovering that everything Malfoy had said was true. 

Harry, now sitting on the couch, had not said a word after Hermione had confirmed the information. The twins were beside him, each on one side of him, reading with him, staying silent, though now and then making soft cooing noises, as if talking in an own language, a more primal language. 

'And I said, bring him. But no further than the front door. That should say enough. I'm no longer 15, Ron, officially 23 now, mentally. And as for my body, it's still catching on. Going towards 19 now. I have to adjust to my mates, I must be able to protect them. And as for mister Malfoy, I have taken precautions might things go wrong,' Harry countered. 

'I'll go. If anything goes wrong, I can handle it. I know more spells than the two of you combined,' Hermione offered. 

'Thank you, Hermione,' Harry responded as he looked up at her. 

'I-I'll go with you! As back-up.. We can totally handle him with the two of us,' Ron quickly suggested. 

'Harry, do you think it's alright if we go together and leave you here? Is that managable?' Hermione asked after exchanging a few glances with Ron. A slight worry was hidden in her eyes, but not hidden enough to not be noticed by Harry. 

'Don't worry, Hermione, please. Not even an advanced spellbreaker could enter now. I'll lead Them back to the nest and take precautions, don't worry,' Harry responded and turned back to his mates, stroking their faces and cooing back at them.

'Alright, I trust you Harry. I'll send a patronus message when we're on our way,' Hermione finished after a small pause. She then turned to the door and held it open for Ron, the both of them leaving after a last, quick glance at Harry. 

----

'We're on our way. We've scanned him and the surroundings. Get the twins to safety.' 

The Otter spoke clearly, calm, radiating a soft glow. It jumped through the wall only seconds ago, the soft gush of warm wind that it left behind surprising Harry, as he had just put his mates to their nest and returned a minute ago to the sitting room. 

He nodded at the patronus, which desolved in a thin mist, falling to the floor. He summoned his own patronus, having it send a message back. 'They're safe. Precautions taken. Take a deep breath now. Hermione, summon a selfwriting quill.'

The partonus, shifting from stag into a sparrow flew through the door, on it's way to find Harry's friends.