6

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Dumbledore flooed to Hogwarts and arrived in a small, but luxurious looking sitting room. A coffee table stood in the middle of a couch and two armchairs, on the walls hung paintings from 16th century headmasters which were not moving, a richly decorated door that went to the 7th floor, hung on the opposite of a wide staircase, which led to three plain doors. On those doors hung nameplates, Weasley, Granger and Bordeaux. 

After a moment of dusting themselves off and looking in amazement around the room, Dumbledore spoke. 'You probably are wondering why I brought you to this room. This is your private dormitory from now on. All three of you have a private room and bathroom. The floo is directly connected to the kitchens and my office as well as miss Mcgonagall's office, though there's no need for floopowder. On your beds you will find your own key to directly apparate to your own bedroom in case of emergency, it activates by whispering your full name to it. I suggest you unpack and then get some sleep. I will send you a scedule for the coming two weeks in the morning. Goodnight.' 

And with that Dumbledore stepped beckwards into the fireplace and disappeared in the green flames. 

'Well, I guess goodnight then. I'm going to unpack and take a shower. I'll see you in the morning. Mister Bordeaux.' Ron bowed quickly to Harry and left for his room. 'Goodnight Ron.' Hermione said to Ron. 'Well, I guess we too should go unpack and sleep.' Hermione looked at Harry. 'He still is a bit subservient. Do you want to keep it that way, or let him be more himself?' Hermione showed a little smile and rose an eyebrow. 'I think I'm gonna keep it this way. It might come in handy.' 'If you say so, Harry.' Hermione smiled. 

Then both of them walked to their rooms. Halfway on the stairs Hermione stopped and asked with a difficult look on her face, 'Shouldn't you start making you nest then? I mean, I read it somewhere that most inheritances make a nest for their mates. Even though you haven't met them, you should start preparing it. Oh and, I guess Dumbledore thought it was smart to put us together in a dorm so we won't cause too much trouble, but our scents will mingle in the air too, so you will have to mark me and Ron as friends, so you won't be bothered by it once you have met your mates.' 

'Hermione, you are a lifesaver. I had this crazy urge to gather all the blankets I could find, but now I understand. If you have any spare blankets, can I have them? Also, how would I do this.. friendmark?' 

'Uhm.. well, it means that we take over your scent and are like, part of your subgroup. You would probably have to bite us, anywhere. But I think the best place would be the shoulder or upper arm, because you mark your mates in their necks so everyone can see that they're engaged, and because we can hide it better that way. So..' 

Hermione rolled up her left sleeve, up over her shoulder and turned to Harry. 'You have to bite quite hard, because you have to draw blood, so.. Better now than later.' She closed her eyes and Harry came closer. He grabbed her arm softly, and brought his mouth closer. His instincts took over and he put his teeth in her flesh, biting down untill he tasted blood. He pulled back and licked the little blood off that flowed out. The wound immediately closed and Hermione looked up. 'Was.. was that all? At first it hurt, but then.. when you licked it.. all the pain disappeared. I didn't know it would work this fast.' 

'This fast what do you mean?' Harry had let go of Hermione's arm and had taken a step back. Ýou know, I've read about this as well, healing saliva. Just like a phoenix you can heal people, just a phoenix with its tears and you with your saliva. Though it is very rare.'
'Alright, now we know that as well.' Harry said as Hermione rolled down her sleeve. 'Smell me now.' 

'What?' Harry said confused. 'I said smell me. To see if my smell is gone.' Hermione answered. And so, Harry leaned in and smelled her. 'You don't smell like anything anymore, only.. a light lavender.' 'Well, yes, that's my perfume. So that's good. Goodnight Harry.' 

Harry said goodnight as well and went to his room. Once inside he closed the door and locked it, then turned around and leaned against the door. In the middle of the room a huge bed stood, with posts going all the way to the ceiling, decorated with animals and curls carefully carved into the wood. In a corner a big closet stood and next to it a door, which probably leads to the bathroom. Suddenly Harry walked over to the closet, opened the doors and took the blankets from a bottom shelf, then walked over to the bed, threw them on and transfigured his clothes into pj's. Then he jumped on the bed and started organizing the sheeds and pillows. He made a comfortable fort, like an igloo, with pillows all around so he, they, wouldn't fall out of bed. 

As Harry relaxed, sleep took over and he drifted off.