|Chapter Five|

|Two Months Later...|

|Zane's POV|

  I sat in the passenger seat of Laurance's car, staring out the window. He decided to come pick me up since Garroth was busy.

  "So, how does it feel to finally be out of there?" He asked, turning the radio down.

  "Much better. Even though I don't mind being alone, I missed all of you guys." I replied, thinking of all my friends.

  "Wow, maybe you do have a soft side." He chuckled and I punched him lightly on the shoulder.

  "Shut up!" I grinned, happy that I was with an actual friend and not another therapist.

  "Woah, what's going on?" He parked the car, looking confused.

  I turned to see what he was looking at, now realizing why he was confused.

Sitting outside of my house was a moving van, a familiar car, two people, and a bunch of strangers carrying boxes out of the house.

I got out, rushing towards the two people. They faced me, the first serious and the other smiling.

"Zuzu! Oh, it's so good to see that you're out of the hospital!" Mom squealed, embracing me.

"Mom, what's happening?" I asked quickly, pushing her away.

She frowned, peering over her shoulder at the house before back at me.

"Oh, Zuzu, we made a deal, don't you remember?" I shook my head in response. "I suppose I'll remind you. Your father and I agreed with you that if you ever got hospitalized three times, then you'd have to come live with us for a few years. We need to keep an eye on you to make sure this doesn't happen again." She explained.

  "No..." I backed away from her, tears pricking my eyes. "You can't just take me away! I've been trapped in a hospital for two months and you want to keep me at home with no freedom for a few years?! What is wrong with you?!"

  "Zuzu, you'd have freedom... Just a curfew to make sure you're home safe and we can keep a closer eye on you."

  "That's not freedom at all!" I cried.

  "Come on Zane, let's go." I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to see Laurance standing there. "I'm getting you out of here."

  "Zuzu, you better be home by six!"

  "Or else I'll just make the decision of putting you on house arrest." Dad grumbled behind her.

  I shook my head, being led away by Laurance. I climbed into the passenger seat, trying to process what was going on.

"Anyone specific you want to talk to? Or who's house you want to go to?" Laurance asked, concern visible in his eyes.

"Lucinda. Her house is the farthest away from the neighborhood." I muttered.

  He nodded, turning the key. I wiped my eyes with the hem of my sleeve, sniffing.

  "I can't believe they would do that to mean... I've never understood them and I never will!" I cried.

  "I know they're doing it because they care about you, but that's just too far." Laurance replied, shaking his head.

The car parked in Lucinda's driveway and we got out, seeing the orange haired woman look up from petting her flytrap.

"Zane!" She smiled and the flytrap snapped onto her sleeve, but she tugged it away. "Stop it, Leafy!" She approached and hugged me.

"Hi Lucinda..."

"What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That's the issue. Can you invite the others over? I'd like to explain to everyone at once."

"Of course." She nodded. "Come on inside, make yourself at home. Just, don't step too close to Leafy. He might try to bite you. He's an attention hog." She giggled, standing beside the flytrap. She pet it, making sure it was distracted as Laurance and I walked inside.

  I sat down on the couch, the brunette sitting beside me.

  "You know, Garroth has been really worrying about you. Vylad too."

  "Really?"

  "Yeah. They've constantly tried to visit you and make sure you were doing alright."

  "We've always looked out for each other." I smiled, playing with the hem of my sleeve.

  The front door opened and the first person I saw was Travis.

  I stood up and he ran over, engulfing me in his arms.

  "Irene, I missed you so much..." He whispered. Once he pulled back, our lips met in a single kiss before parting.

  "I missed you too..." I settled down on the couch, making sure he sat beside me. I stayed in his arms, never wanting them to leave.

  "Jeez Travis..." Dante stood in the doorway, panting. "You literally bolted all the way here."

  Travis shrugged, placing a kiss on my forehead.

  "Move your fatass, Dante!" Just in time, the blunette jumped to the side, only to reveal Aphmau running. "I'm here! My poor little fat nugget, there you are!"

  "Aphmau!" I whined, feeling my cheeks begin to burn.

  "It's ok, I'm here." She stuck her tongue out innocently and squished herself between me and Laurance.

  Next came Garroth and Vylad, as emotional as ever. Then was Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan, which they were accused of being late from a makeout session. Lastly, was Aaron who had been trying to drag Lucinda away from Leafy.

  "Ok, now that everyone is here, do you want to explain what's happening Zane?" Lucinda asked, brushing her dress off.

  "Um..." I glanced towards Garroth and Vylad, which they nodded.

  "We'll do it." Garroth spoke up.

~

t