|Chapter Six|

|Travis' POV|

I gently picked up Zane, eyeing Lucinda.

"I guess I should take him home... To his parents' house." I sighed, shaking my head.

"I can't believe they'd do that." She muttered. "Do you need a ride?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice." I said.

We walked out to her car and I sat Zane in the backseat, climbing into the passenger seat.

"A few years? Seriously, that's ridiculous." She gripped the steering wheel.

"I wonder if we can convince his parents if there's any way that he can stay at his house but we watch over him."

"They are so damn overprotective, what are the chances that would work?"

"If we made sure that we stayed with him 24/7 and his brothers talked to him everyday."

  "Do you really think that talking to them will work?"

"No. But, it's worth a shot."

  She pulled into the driveway, parking the car. Lucinda and I got out. I headed to the backseat and pulled Zane out, carrying him to the front door.

  Lucinda knocked on the door and it opened, Zianna standing there.

  "Travis! What happened to Zuzu?" She asked, eyes widening in fear.

  "No worries, ma'am, he just fell asleep. I'll be willing to carry him to his room."

  "Of course." She nodded. "Do you remember where it is?"

  "Yes ma'am I do." She stepped off to the side and I entered, making a beeline for the stairs.

  "I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to discuss some things with you, Mrs. Ro'Maeve."

  "No, not at all, go ahead." The voices got quieter the farther I got up the stairs. I turned the knob on the second door down the hallway, walking into the room.

  It was just as I had remembered in high school, not a single thing changed. I gently laid Zane on his bed. He stirred, reaching out to hold onto me.

  "Shh, go back to sleep." I whispered, leaning down to press a kiss to his forehead.

  He jerked just in time, our lips coming into contact. He smiled sleepily once I pulled away, eyes still closed.

  "Thanks." He mumbled, rolling onto his side.

  "I love you, Zane."

  "Love you too..." He whispered, drifting back to sleep.

  I rolled my eyes, shaking my head playfully. I closed the door as I exited his room, shuffling back downstairs. I saw Lucinda and Zianna had moved outside, the front door completely closed.

  I opened it, stepping outside.

  "What's going on?" They both turned to me, not expecting the sudden voice.

  "Nothing. This conversation is over." Lucinda assured, glancing back towards Zianna.

  "Actually, no it isn't. Why do you think I would trust you around my child again? You couldn't save him once or twice. What makes you think that I'm sure you'll be able to protect him this time?" She crossed her arms, eyes narrowing back and forth at both of us.

  "The first time, neither of us had any idea that Ein was in town or Zane's experience with him." Lucinda mentioned.

  "As for the second time, we didn't understand how bad Zane was feeling after finally getting back from being with Ein. He seemed fine, he was acting relieved. None of us would have ever guessed that he was acting extremely depressed." I explained.

  She bit her bottom lip, tears pricking her eyes.

  "But, if he stays with us, we can keep a better eye on him." She said.

  "That may be true, but he doesn't have a lot of freedom. That may bring him to become depressed or sad again, he won't be able to spend as much time with his friends or brothers as he used to. Not to mention, you'll be treating him like he was in high school, leading him to a dark time that he was in before." I pointed out.

  "I... I need some time to think about this. I need to talk to Garte, we have to have a discussion." She disappeared into the house, slamming the door behind her.

  I turned to Lucinda, frowning. Instead of mirroring my expression, she smiled.

  "Hey, she didn't say no. She said she needed to think and talk to Garte about it. He's a reasonable man." She assured. "Now, come on, let's head back. I should probably check on Leafy."

"Right. Yeah, let's go."

We climbed back into her car, the ignition roaring to life. She drove down the street and turned into a driveway, turning to me.

  "This is your stop." She said, gesturing to the house in front of us.

  "Thanks Lucinda. Thanks for everything."

  "You're welcome. Good night." She smiled as I climbed out of the car.

  "Night." With one last second of eye contact, I closed the passenger door and walked into the house.

  I peered on the couch to see Garroth fast asleep on top of Laurance. I walked into the kitchen, seeing Vylad sitting at the counter, eating a bowl of cereal.

  "Vylad? What're you doing here?" I asked, opening the fridge. I grabbed a Coke, closing it back.

  "Dante invited me over. We started talking and ended up watching a movie on his laptop, then we fell asleep. I woke up before him though." He mumbled, still sounding half asleep.

  "Well, you can head back to sleep. I'm about to crash myself." I started walking out of the kitchen but the brunette grabbed my arm, stopping me.

  "Travis, do you think Zane will be ok?" He asked, eyes covered in a film from recently waking up.

  "Yeah. He's going to be fine." I assured and Vylad nodded, letting go.

  I continued on and headed downstairs, locking myself in my room. I placed my Coke on the nightstand, settling down on the bed. I hoped that Zianna and Garte would trust us again. I missed Zane. I wanted to be able to fall asleep, knowing he was safe in my arms, not stuck in that prison considered his "home".

  I laid back, staring up at the ceiling. Who knew what the future held?

~

h