|Chapter Nine|

|Travis' POV|

  I walked around the house, looking for something to do. It was boring when Zane wasn't around to bother.

  I ended up getting so bored that I started cleaning the entire house. That was one of my lowest moments.

  I heard the front door open and close, my heart skipping a beat. I waited for Zane to enter the kitchen, but it was only Garte.

  "Hello, Travis." He said, clearing his throat.

  "Hello sir." I replied, making sure that I hid the fact that I was salty.

  "Do you have any intentions on marrying my son?" Garte asked, stepping closer.

"Uh, maybe in the future, sir." I suddenly became nervous. Irene, I hadn't thought that far ahead... Sure, maybe I'd like to marry him, but I wasn't planning on it anytime soon.

"Just wondering."

He turned towards the coffee pot and I turned away myself, reaching for my phone. Suddenly, I felt a hand clamp over my mouth and something sharp against my stomach.

"If you want to live and he too, you will promise to stay away from Zane. Or else." He hissed into my ear. "Daddy's orders."

My eyes widened. If he was in on this... I nodded slowly and felt him let go of my mouth but held me there, his arm pressed into my stomach. The sharp object moved up to my neck, threatening to slice.

"You will not communicate with Zane in any way. You will get all of your belongings and you will leave immediately. I don't want to see you around here ever again." He whispered.

"Yes sir..." I mumbled and he let go of me. He watched over my shoulder as I grabbed my phone and deleted Zane's contact and messages. I then put my phone on silent and slipped it into my back pocket, heading upstairs.

I gathered my belongings and went back downstairs, seeing him standing there. He pulled a gun out, pointing it towards me.

"Fly to California. Don't ever come back here." He grit his teeth.

I furrowed my brows, knowing my eyes were turning.

"Don't even try that trick. I've dealt with your father plenty of times before, you don't scare me." He scoffed, cocking the gun. "Now, leave."

I rolled my eyes, opening the door. I stepped outside, the air hitting me in the face. Irene, why did this have to keep happening? My stupid fucking father... And that bastard.

I took my phone out, dialing Lucinda. I asked her to come pick me up and drop me off at the airport. She asked me why, but I told her not to question it.

She didn't and soon her car pulled up and I climbed in.

"Are you going to explain to me what's going on?" She asked, driving towards the airport.

"Nope. It's none of your business. I need a ride and you're the only person available."

She pursed her lips, shaking her head.