Draco// I Knew Yule Were Trouble

A/N: (Setting of scenario inspired by another author's imagine)

Your POV

"You're absolutely breathtaking," Draco says into my hair as he kisses my head.

"Thank you. You look dashing," I reply, my legs feeling like Jelly in the shadow of his tall frame. "Do you mind if I dance with my friends for a little while?" I ask. He nods his head and searches around the room. "Thanks," I stand on my tip toes to kiss his cheek and leave.

"I don't want to tell her. She needs to find out for herself," Hermione says, shaking her head.

"Who are we talking about?" I giggle, joining the conversation.

"Oh, Y/N. No one. We're talking about no one," Hermione answers, sending Ron a hard glare.

"Where's Draco?" Ron asks, an unhappy look on his face.

"I think he's with Crabbe," I respond and look around the room myself. To my surprise both Crabbe and Goyle are with their dates in the corner of the room. "Well, I thought he was..." I trail off, feeling a little panicked.

"In his eyes, Draco has more important people- I mean things to do," Harry snaps, Hermione smacking the back of his head.

"Y/N. I think you need to go find him," Hermione mutters, avoiding eye contact as she speaks.

"He's got to be at the punch bowl-" but as I look he isn't, "or the restrooms?" Hermione makes no comment but offers me a sympathetic look. My shoes begin to feel uncomfortable and my dress too tight against my skin. Before I know it, my feet have moved me to the corridor leading to the boy's restroom. Crabbe notices me leaving and sends me a nervous look. I ignore him and walk faster, my heels clicking rhythmically against the stone floors. I stop when I hear Draco's deep voice.

"I can't have brought you tonight, you know that, love," he mumbles. My head spins and I peak behind the pillar to see Draco and Pansy a couple feet apart, his hand tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "After tonight. I'll try and reason with her but I care about her, Pansy. I'm always going to be friends with her whether you like it or not".

"Fine, baby. Look, you just need to break off things with her," she says, pulling him in for a kiss. The tears silently slip down my face and I feel my nose begin to run. Sneaking away, I rush towards the girl bathroom and let the tears pour out.

Draco's POV

"Oy, Malfoy," Crabbe's obnoxious voice calls out into the corridor. I press my hand against the wall next to Pansy's head to catch my breath. That girl really knows how to make out.

"What?"

"I think Y/N just saw the two of you," he squeaks. My heart beats out of my chest and I push past him, striding away from them.

"Where did she go?!" I yell and he shrugs his shoulders.

Your POV

Your POV

I peel the tall shoes off my feet, throwing them against a random stall. My makeup was done for so there was no point in keeping it on. Leaning over the sink, I catch sight of a tall and trembling figure behind me.

"Get out of here," I sob but he ignores me, taking only two stops to be behind me. "I said leave!" I scream, pushing him away.

"St-stop, Y/N. It's not what you think-"

"Oh really? When will you stop lying to me?! It's killing me, Draco!" I cry, wiping the tears from my raw face.

"I'm an idiot. Everything I do is because I'm a cock-up but I love you more than anything, Y/N!"

"Then why am I not enough?" my chest heaves with broken breaths.

"You are," he mumbles, an unsettled look on his face, "I'm sorry that I made you think any differently. W-what you heard me saying back there, I didn't mean it. I've just fallen into this cycle of lying and I didn't ever want to hurt you".

"I can't do this with you anymore," I say, my face numb from the tears and the sadness.

"Please don't say that, love. I need you. I really- I just- please don't leave me. You're my everything".

"Goodbye, Draco".