Draco// Im (bRoKeN) Fine

Your POV

"Draco, you need to eat," I plead, slipping my hand over his large one.

"I just need a moment," he replies, avoiding my gaze. I sigh and listen in on Pansy's conversation with Goyle.

"Honest, I was maybe 600 ft. into the air and I saw it. A real dragon," Goyle says dramatically mimicking the way it flew.

"You can't even get your fat arse on a broom let alone get it to lift you off the floor," Crabbe chuckles.

"My fat arse? Look at you, Crabbe!" Goyle cries out. I giggle and put my hand on Goyle's shoulder.

"I believe you, G".

"Well thanks, Y/N. You seem to be the only one. Hey, why's Malfoy in a funk?" he asks, poking Draco's shoulder.

"Can't you all just bloody leave me alone?!" Draco yells, everyone's attention diverting from their conversations. Draco stands up and walks briskly out of the dining room.

"I'll talk to him. I'm sure he's just stressed about finals," I assure Goyle and rush out after him.

"Draco! Hey, wait up, will you!" finally matching his stride, I look up at him. "You didn't have to talk to us like that. We're just worried about you".

"You don't need to worry about me. I'm a big boy, Y/N and I can take care of myself, thank you very much". Draco walks quicker, leaving me behind in the cold and empty corridor.

(TWO WEEKS LATER)

"He's ignored me ever since the incident in the cafeteria. I can't even get him to come to my chambers anymore. It's-It's like he repulsed by me," I vent, earning an eye roll from Ron.

"Oh come off it, it's already been established that Draco's the world's biggest dim-witted numpty with a tendency to act like an old codger," he replies, making Harry laugh loudly.

"I'm being serious. I really care about him. And I can't wait around for him forever".

"Then don't," Hermione adds, putting another book away.

Malfoy's POV

"Where's Y/N?" I ask, turning to Crabbe's stupid face

"Beats me. She's probably still hurt by what a massive git you've been recently".

"Excuse me?" I growl but before it can get any further, realization set it. I'd been a complete arsehole ever since it happened. The other students rose from the table and made their way to the exit but I knew what I had to do.

...

"Goodnight, Harry, Ron, Hermione," I open the Gryffindor portrait and exit onto the stairs. As the Slytherin entrance comes into view I sigh. Everything about the place reminded me of lonely nights.

"Y/N?" someone says from behind me. I look around before noticing a tall boy standing in the moonlight of the darkly lit hallways.

"Draco".

"I have to speak to you. I know I don't deserve it, but I need you to listen to me". He holds out his hand to me and I brush past him, signaling him to follow me. We sit by the window and he brings my hands into his. "I'm a death eater. I didn't know how to tell you so I guess it was just easier to push you away".

"You're a what?"

"A death eater. Y/N, I've been... so scared that I'm not sure. Maybe I won't be any good for you. I'll be forced to do things that shouldn't be done. I can't escape this and I'm terrified-" he cries. I grab him by the shoulders and his arms wrap around my waist tightly.

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to you, Draco. I'm gonna protect you".

"You shouldn't have to. I love you, Y/N, but you shouldn't have to live with this," he sobs, pulling away from me.

"Don't do that. Please don't leave me in the dark. I want to be there for you but how can I be if you keep me over here?"

"Will you stay in my room tonight? Please?" he asks, stretching his hand out towards me. His swollen, red eyes stare back at me with the moonlight casting a dark shadow across his solemn face.

"Of course I will".