6.That ain't no american accent!

We had finally reached the coffee shop that Sam gave us the address to.

It was so classy and elegant. The intricate details on the roof and the doors would make you feel like you were in some kind of a different era of time. There were tiny flower pots on the corners of the windows and doors which were aligned beautifully.

"Wait a second!" Amber stopped me as I was about to enter the coffee shop.

"What?" I asked.

She takes out a peachy red lip gloss from her bag...

"Here..."she starts to apply it on my lips, "....you gotta look pretty when you're about to impress someone"

I push away her hand.

"Honey, Listen carefully.... I. Am.Not. Here. To. Impress. Anyone."

Amber smiles and roll her eyes.
"Say whatever you want sweetie, but you and I both know, that's not the agenda in your head"

"Like you can read my mind..." I sneer at her.

"....it's just a simple non-romantic, sparkless, not-trying-to-impress anybody conversation."

I was bluffing. The non-romantic part was true, but the sparkless and not-trying-to-impress parts were just fake adjectives to fool Amber. In fact, I was hoping for the opposite.

I had a slight crush on Sam for sure, but I was more eager to see Aiden. I couldn't get enough of seeing him more.

Amber and I entered the coffee shop. I pushed the door and a tiny bell rung which was at the top of the door attached to the wooden frame of the the door on the wall.

The inside of the coffee shop was more beautiful, it had such a classy yet trendy feeling about it. The old paintings hanging on the walls with modern furnitures and the sweet aroma of caffeine was so enchanting.

"Wait!-..." Amber stopped me from taking any steps forward.

"What?" I growled.

"...before you go and talk to them, lemme make you realize about something."

I gave a confused look.

"Tesla.." she takes a step closer to me with a worried look, puts her right arm on my shoulder, bends her knees slightly, looks up to me and says, "you do realize, this is the first guy you are about to talk to"

I frowned and I gave a sigh...

It was not true at all....I did talk to guys but not as much after I came to Allentown...Because Indian guys were far different from American guys, and by different I mean I don't understand what they're trying to say. In better translation; I don't understand the hintings of American, especially when it's about dating.

"Oh! Do stop mocking me, you...y-you mocking bird!" I push her off.

She lets out a laugh...

As I started walking, scanning each and every well arranged table searching for them, Amber walks up to me and whispers in my ears.

"So, who will you be choosing today as THE ONE!.."

Damn it, I shouldn't have told her about me trying to find true love...how stupid of me.

She continues teasing, "Will it be Sam with the 'muddy' love story or Aiden with the 'Americano' love story."

I didn't say anything.

"....who will be the one that you'll marry and make babies with..." She grins.

I turned towards Amber and I open my mouth to shut her up. But then I saw Sam, alone in a table waiting for me.