Starting Over

"No, no stay in bed. You are still very weak," He said as I tried to stand up to hug him.

"How are you here?" I asked as he slowly walked over to the bed. "Harls and I thought you died in the wreck!"

"Frost and I were only slightly injured, but we are fine now, it has been a month." 

"I like your new look!" I exclaimed as J was rocking navy blue slacks, a navy blue button up shirt with a green vest over it. "You look very old school." 

"I tried to look mature for your arrival. Now, how is my Harley?" He asked with a concerned face. He sat in a chair next to the bed waiting for me to talk. He looked like a lost puppy without Harley by his side.

"She is okay, she thinks you are dead but she hasn't moved on." I paused for a moment. "Where are we?"

"My estate in Hawaii, Gotham as you could tell was kind of a mess. The GCPD evacuated everybody, paying them to live out of town, those who weren't killed in the fires." 

"It was awful, almost as if..." I stopped as I realized I sounded like a humane person. 

"We still can have feelings you know, we aren't all bad. Just life choices made us crazy, in your case you just made some bad choices and ended up killing people for a living." I smiled.

"You are so subtle, Jay. You think the squad will make it?" 

"You didn't hear?" He asked in a giddy tone. "They defeated three of the cyborgs, three more to go and I'm going to break out my baby!" 

"Wow, if they don't move her back to Arkham or Belle Reve." I yawned.

"You should get some more rest, we can go buy you a new wardrobe later tonight." He stood up and walked out of the room. A few minutes later I dozed off and dreamed about the squad.

We walked into the mall, Jay to my right, and Frost to my left.

"Here is a debit card, buy anything you want," Jay said as we walked through the busy sections between the stores. All three of us had sunglasses on, me because my face was all battered and bruised. 

"This is your money, not a stolen card, right?" I asked in a serious but joking voice.

"Yes, I mean some of the money is stolen but not the card. The card is yours now," He pointed to the bottom of the card and it read my name. Faith B. Lawton. 

"Thank you." I walked into Sephora and walked up to one of the makeup artists. "Hi, I need a total makeover. You see at school the other day, I was jumped because I wasn't as pretty as everybody else. Can you help me?" I lied.

"Let's see what we have to work with," She took the sunglasses off of my face and made the funniest sad face. "Okay, you want an everything makeover?"

"Everything, a new me. I could use a personal stylist, new hair, new makeup for this beaten face!" I exclaimed. She picked up the phone next to her and dialed a number.

"Dream team, I need some help right now!" She exclaimed into the phone. A team of people, two women, and two guys walked over to where we were. 

"Dream team member, Damien at your service ma'am!" One of the guys with eyeliner and makeup on stated. One of the women looked at my hands and said,

"Honey, these nails are big fashion no-nos!" 

"A new sense of style would be nice, you are so thin! What diet are you on?" The other guy asked.

"The prison diet!" I said. They all started to laugh and I joined along.

"I'm Ty, your personal stylist," The second guy introduced himself.

"I'm Crystal, your nail technician!" A short woman with purple hair introduced herself.

"I am going to be doing your makeup and giving you tips honey!" Damien exclaimed looking so excited.

"I am Jade, I will be turning that mane of yours into a beautiful thing that all of the boys will want!!" I looked back at Jay and he motioned that he was going to wait in the lobby, or that he was going to another store. "I will call you guys when we need you." She told the other. She washed my frizzy, matted hair that probably deserved more love than I have been giving it in jail. Once she finished my hair, she called Damien and Crystal to do my makeup and nails. I bought about thirty nail polishes and accessories. Damien somehow made my bruises and swollen face go back to normal, then he applied some makeup. I also bought tons of makeup, once they were done, I could shop with Ty. We took four hours to buy clothes and figure out what looked great on me. As I already knew maroon, blue, and purple all looked great on me. I had clothes for basically the next fifteen years, and I was ready to go home. I walked out of the store and Jay and Frost were both so surprised at my transformation.

"I see you got another tattoo!" Jay exclaimed grabbing some of the shopping bags from two guys carrying some of my bags.

"Yes, because I am free. I guess it really did happen for a reason." We walked out of the mall and got to Jay's Ferrari.

"Do want a car?" He asked.

"I think I'm good." We got in the car and drove back to Jay's estate. Once we were back he showed me to my mini-mansion on his property.

"You can decorate and paint this any way you want to. I knew I would have others living with me other than Harley, so I made sure we had three extra houses on the property. Do you want a pool? A mini golf course?"

"A pool sounds good. So I can buy my own furniture, paint it any way I want, get a dog?!" I asked.

"Anything your heart desires! Also, can you help me set up Harleys part of the main house?" He asked as he handed me the key to my house. I unlocked the door and it was a beautiful tropical getaway house. I was in awe as I looked around, it was very open and I loved being free for once.

"Of course," I responded. I walked upstairs and saw there were three bedrooms. One for Floyd, and one for Zoe! She can live with me until Floyd gets out, then they both can live with me, here. I walked back downstairs and looked out at the pool.

"Like it?" He asked.

"Jay, it's amazing. Thank you, I don't know how to repay you!"

"Lay low, I am trying to be uncrimable until Harley gets back!"

"I will, from now on I think I could be done with crime.." I sat on a wooden chair in the kitchen. "I finally have somewhere to start a life, so why would I want to live the crime life? My niece can now live with me!!"

"You order things online for your house tonight and Frost, Penguin, and I will help you decorate tomorrow," Jay said as we walked back towards the main house.

"Oswald's here too?" I asked super excited.

"Yep, he lives about fifteen minutes away, we can have parties here as loud as we want since we have no neighbors." I was so excited to start my new life, all I need now if Chato to escape from Ra's then I will truly be happy. We got back to Jay's house and I helped him organize a woman cave for Harley and I got to see their room, as well as a child's room which was pretty interesting to find out they both wanted kids. We ordered pizza and drank tequila as we talked about the old times when it was just Floyd, Jay, and I working together. I went into the guest room and got ready for bed at around 11:50. Once I fell asleep it was nice, like a ball of cotton absorbed me, it was comforting.

----------------------------------------------------------

Did anybody see that coming? I didn't, it's funny how things turn out that way! Thanks for all of the story love, I appreciate it! Biya!!!