Teen Titans Season Six Episode 8: "Blackmail Pt. I"

Hey peeps! So, I updated quickly! YAY! So, this one might be a little short because I am separating it into two parts. I originally wasn't but now I thought it would be too long as one so now it is two parts, so that is good for you!  Anyway, you will likely see a resemblance to a group of episodes of the actual Teen Titans so I hope it is not a big Deja Vu moment.  I just really wanted this to happen, I just hope you like it... 

*Red Out*

Robin scoured over the recent video tapes and sound recordings  of the team’s recent conversation with Ravager, Slade’s son.  He studied all the places that the former minions of Slade attacked, the significance of them, the possibility of his lair through their conversation, transmission signals and recent crime maps. But no matter what theories Robin came up with, they all led him to a blank dead end.  Robin rubbed his eyes under his mask, fatigue was starting to devour him.  He took a sip of his cool coffee and continued his research as the sun began to rise in Jump City.  Robin did not even notice.  

“No good, no good, no good…” He kept muttering to himself as his theories were proven incorrect. His voice began to trail off and become slightly raspy.  Robin was so engrossed in finding the whereabouts of Ravager that he did not even hear when Beast Boy, Cyborg and Raven entered the common room. Cyborg sighed and Beast Boy walked over to Robin, putting his hand on Robin’s shoulder.  

“Dude, we don’t even have to ask.  You have been at this all night, we all know.  Robin, whenever you have to deal with anything Slade related, and apparently his son counts, you go a little obsessive crazy. It is kind of a problem that needs to be uhh… addressed.” Beast Boy told him.  

“I prefer the term dedicated.” Robin said cooly, shrugging off Beast Boy hand.  

“Seriously Robin, if you keep this up, it will affect your health.  You haven’t slept in hours, it is not good.” Cyborg commented.

“Robin, sometimes, the best thing to do in situations like this is to step back and give it a rest.  A lot of times, the answers will reveal themselves.  You just have to be patient.” Raven added and Cyborg nodded.  

“I don’t have time to step away, he could be anywhere, do anything that could wreak this city and harm innocent people. I can’t let that happen.” Robin stated, turning around.  “And, I was trained by the world’s greatest detective so do you know what that makes me?”

“Uhhh… the world’s second greatest detective?” Beast Boy guessed. Robin nodded.  

“So if I can’t get this, I feel like a failure, I have to keep going.” He told them and grabbed another file on Ravager’s father.  

“Rob, even Batman, himself couldn’t solve this mystery right now, you need more evidence. So, until that shows up, give it a break.” Cyborg pointed out.  Robin sighed and shook his head in defeat.

“Fine, just for a little bit.” He said.  Raven raised an eyebrow and looked around the room.  She closed her eyes but could not feel that person’s presence.

“Um… guys.  Where is Starfire?” Raven asked.  

“She isn’t with you guys?” Robin wondered and looked behind them and only saw Silkie squirming nervously on the floor.  

“Nooo…” Beast Boy started, “She isn’t with you?”

“Does it look like she is with me?” Robin noted. Beast Boy looked down sheepishly.  

“She might be sleeping in.” Cyborg said.

“That is not like Star, she is normally one of the first ones up. But I guess there is a first for everything.  Let’s check her room to be sure.” Robin mentioned and the team walked down the hallway.  They took a left and came up onto Starfire's room.  It was oddly quiet, normally they would at least hear the faint humming of Starfire in her room.