Chapter 3

Yuri checked the time. Her phone was bright, and she squinted her eyes. It was 4:58, Natsuki should be here soon. That is, if she even got here on time. Yuri concluded that Natsuki was usually a person to get late.

Yuri's conclusion suddenly was held back as she heard a knock on the door. She flinched.

Okay Yuri, you can do this. It'll only be 5 minutes at the max. You've lied to people about this before, how hard can it be with Natsuki? Yuri told herself this, but kept feeling a pit in her stomach. Natsuki was usually a person to see right through someone, and Yuri didn't enjoy that at all. She liked to be alone.

Nonetheless, Yuri opened the door to be greeted by the hot headed pink haired girl. Her eyes were... cold? Angry? Yuri couldn't tell. She let herself in, and threw her backpack on the couch along with herself.

"Come here," Natsuki said, patting the seat next to her. That was usually a welcoming thing, but the way she said it sent shivers down Yuri's spine. Yuri sat next to her.

"Um, so... you wanted to ta- AUK" Yuri was cut off as Natsuki gripped Yuri's arm.

"Let me see your arm. Please." Natsuki said, not looking at Yuri whatsoever, just staring blankly at her sweater sleeve.

"Natsuki... no." Yuri tried to move her arm away but was surprised at how tight her grip was. She wouldn't let go, no matter how much Yuri would struggle. "Natsuki! I'm alright, quit it."

"If you are really alright you would show me your arm without struggling. I know something is up, Yuri. I'm not an idiot." Natsuki let out a shaky sigh.

"Natsuki, I promise you that I am alr-" Yuri was too late, Natsuki rolled up her sleeve in a quick motion. Yuri couldn't move, time seemed to have slowed down.

Natsuki stared down at Yuri's arm for a moment. Scars were ripped all over her arm, new and old. Natsuki growled and pushed Yuri's arm away from herself.

"I fucking knew it." Natsuki stood up and started to walk to her bag.

"Wait, Natsuki, I can explain!" Yuri cried out, but she knew she couldn't make an excuse. This was way too obvious to make an excuse for. Yuri felt her throat go completely dry.
Natsuki didn't answer, she was just shuffling through her bag. She grabbed something, and started approaching Yuri. Yuri flinched as Natsuki sat next to her. She caught her eyes and Yuri felt like her whole entire body would crumple.

Natsuki's eyes were nothing more than pure, pure sadness. Her once sharp look was completely melted, Yuri felt it burning at her heart.

"If you're going to do something like this, at least take care of yourself." Natsuki opened her hand to reveal a roll of gauze. "Let me see your arm again." Yuri tentatively gave Natsuki her arm.

Natsuki started to slowly wrap the gauze around Yuri's injured arm. The room was filled with awkward silence until Yuri heard Natsuki give out a sniffle. Yuri took her other hand to push Natsuki's head up to look at her.
Natsuki was crying.

Yuri was certainly taken aback, she had never seen Natsuki show any other emotion besides anger, let alone her crying. Her eyes were puffy and red, tears streaking down her cheeks. Parts of her hair were sticking to her tear stained cheeks. She let out a sob as Yuri looked at her.

"Why. Why would you do this to yourself and not tell anyone?" Natsuki trembled, but kept wrapping the gauze slowly and carefully. Yuri felt her tender hand brush past with each line of gauze.

Yuri knew she couldn't explain it in a simple sentence. She couldn't flat out tell Natsuki why she did this, or how depressed she actually was.
Many thought Yuri to be a person to be afraid of, or a person to be picked on. Her family was always away and she had always been a lone wolf. Not that she always wanted to be a lone wolf, hell, she would do anything to have a good friend she could tell anything to. She felt so lonely. So, so lonely. She didn't know how to deal with her pain, and this was the only way she knew she could actually feel something other than that lonely tug at her heart.