Chapter 5

Natsuki felt her eyes open a crack. She was super warm but super comfortable at the same time. Where am I? Natsuki opened her eyes more and was met by breathing directly on Yuri's neck. Hmph. Well, back to sleep. Wait.

    WAIT.

    Natsuki felt her face burn as she blinked. Holy fuck! Natsuki felt Yuri's chin on her head and her arm gently resting against her waist. What the fuuuuuck.

    Natsuki moved her head from out of the crook of Yuri's neck. Yuri's bandaged arm was behind Natsuki's head, her fingers holding to her hair. Natsuki looked at Yuri with a flustered and confused face, but realized that she was sleeping soundly.

    Yuri was breathing softly from half parted lips, and her skin seemed to glow as bits of light snuck into her bedroom from the half closed blinds. Her hair was still beautiful as always, falling against her face and on her bed like a tidal wave of dark purple.

    Natsuki noticed her own hair was down, Yuri must've taken her ribbons and clip out. Her theory was right as she glanced over and saw it on Yuri's bedside table. Natsuki hated her hair down and instantly wanted to fix it, but the only thing she could fix was her gaze on Yuri. Natsuki knew it was probably weird but... woah. Natsuki's heart soared and her face felt like it would melt from blushing so much. Had Yuri cuddled her all night long? Why?
    Natsuki didn't get much time to think, she froze as Yuri's eyes fluttered open. Yuri blinked a few times, parted her lips slightly as to talk, but she was in a drowsy haze and didn't say anything. Yuri didn't react at first, but she looked down and saw that she was still holding tightly onto Natsuki's waist. She immediately recoiled, slipped clumsily, and hit the ground with a loud thud.

    "Oh my God Yuri, are you okay?" Natsuki immediately sprung up and reached a hand out for Yuri to take.

    "Owch," Yuri mumbled crossly, but took Natsuki's hand and heaved herself from off of her floor. Her hand is so soft... Yuri realized that Natsuki had woken up before her which meant that she had figured out that Yuri had cuddled her all night. Shit.

    "A-ah!" Yuri exclaimed. "I'm sorry if I got too close, I tend to do that out of habit with pillows and such... I-I mean you're not a pillow or anything! I mean you are pretty soft but-" Yuri stopped as she realized she had said way too much.

    "Yuri, it's fine." Natsuki laughed. "Don't beat yourself up over it."

    Yuri was standing over Natsuki, their hands still entwined even though Yuri was fully capable of standing. Yuri let go with an anxious swipe.

    "We, uh... we should probably get something to eat." Yuri didn't wait for Natsuki's response, she quickly tiptoed down the stairs into the kitchen.

      Yuri decided she would make pancakes for the two of them. She quickly made up the batter and threw it onto a skillet. Natsuki sat at the table, silently watching Yuri cook.

    Natsuki felt herself in a trance watching Yuri's movements. Natsuki couldn't help herself, every movement Yuri made was so graceful and Natsuki felt the heat of a blush crawl up her cheeks. She watched every hip sway, hair swish and arm swipe with full content. It was like she was being hypnotized.

"Jeez Natsuki, take a picture if you like it so much. It'll last longer. I can feel your gaze burning into me!" Yuri giggled, not even turning to see Natsuki's reaction.

"I-I was watching the pancakes, dummy." Natsuki puffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Sure," Yuri smiled and went back to making the pancakes. Natsuki felt her hunger rise as the smell of the pancakes wafted throughout the whole kitchen.