Chapter 8

This chapter will be in Monika's POV! Hope you guys aren't too frustrated with me switching up characters and stuff, I just wanna delve into the story more!! Please dont kill me lmao
ALSO this chapter is shorter but I promise the next chapter will be longer

Pacing my room I brushed my hands through my long hair. What was I going to do now?

The moment I had seen Sayori I knew something was wrong. There was just something.... Something off. I couldn't quite place a finger on it.

Sayori did that sometimes. She would seem a bit off kilter, but when you would ask her about it, it was like she would break out of her little eggshell smiling and giving you a hug to reassure you that she was alright. Something must have bothered her deeply, apparently it wasn't because of someone else like she said.

Or had it been because of me and Sayori didn't want to say that just so I wouldn't feel bad? Was she hiding her true feelings of utter hatred towards me? The push she gave me felt like it. I shook my head and sat on my bed. I mustn't get too anxiety ridden before bed, I needed good sleep so I could talk to Sayori fully and apologize.

Lying down only felt worse as I thought about Sayori though.

Sayori was never really good at hiding or keeping secrets. Though others may have found it annoying, I found it to be very cute in some ways. The way she would talk about anything and everything without a care made me feel a bit lighter in my states of crazed thoughts. Sometimes I felt like I was in a stupid game with everything against me.

Letting out a deep sigh I closed my eyes.

4:00

Perfect. I locked my phone and opened the classroom door to the literature club. I was right on time! It looks like I'm the only one here too, considering how quiet and still the room is. Taking a deep inhale of the room, I exhale and wait for my friends to slowly follow in my footsteps.

I hear the door creaking a bit and I watch as Natsuki lets herself in.

"Hey Monika!" The short girl smiles at me with sharp teeth, setting her backpack down on a desk and shuffling towards me. "You okay?"

"Honestly," I let out a small exasperated breath. "I'm not doing all that well."

Natsuki frowns, then pats the seat next to her. I sit by her and let my hands fall into my face.

"Ugh, I just... I don't know what's wrong with Sayori and it's bothering me."  Natsuki opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off as Yuri and MC walked into the classroom. She motioned to both of them to come over.

    "Hey guys, does anyone know what's up with Sayori?" Natsuki asked as the two sat beside her and I. Yuri looked thoughtful for a moment, and MC shook his head as he kicked back on the seat.

    "Sayori is normal as always," MC gestured with his hands freely. "By the way, where is she?"

    "I kinda felt like something was up," Natsuki replied. "But of course MC wouldn't see that because he has a block of concrete for a brain." MC gave a threatening glare back to Natsuki's scorn.

    "Yes, I agree, she seemed a bit off the other day. Did something happen between you two Monika?" Yuri inquired, staring deeply at me. I swallowed hard.

    "Uh, well, she kinda pushed me and started to cry. Then she ran off." I felt my throat tighten. "All I did was ask her what was wrong. She did say that something was bothering her, but not someone."

    The air was full of stunned silence for a bit and I felt even more nervous.

    "Woah, really?" MC was suddenly fully immersed in the conversation. "You okay Monika? I'm sure Sayori didn't mean to do that."