Chapter 4

(Woah I just wanna thank everyone for 100+ reads!!! Thank you so much guys ❤️ also this is a pretty heavy chapter, good luck lmao)
TW: Abuse

Natsuki froze at her dad's low growl. His breath was rank of alcohol and Natsuki tried her best not to throw up as she smelled it.
"Sorry Papa, I lost track of time." Natsuki smiled sweetly but she was shaking like a leaf.

"I don't want to hear your petty excuses. I told you last time that you have to come home early on Fridays. You are disobeying me, Natsuki. That calls for punishment. You need to learn."

"Please don't," Natsuki whimpered but it was too late. Her dad had already made his decision.

Papa instantly threw Natsuki to the floor of the kitchen. Natsuki felt her head bang sharply against the tile, and she let out a gasp of pain.
He took his foot and stomped it down on Natsuki's ribs. She let out a high screech of pain as his shoe dug into her side.

"Shut the fuck up!" Papa yelled. "This is what you deserve, this will make you remember!"
Natsuki screamed again as he stomped his other foot on Natsuki's other side. She started crying, tears streaming down her face as the pain seared up into her chest. She couldn't breathe. She was shaking so hard, putting her arms over her head and curling up.
Natsuki's dad let out a shaky breath and stumbled away, throwing himself on the couch.

Natsuki wasn't sure how long she had laid there. The pain had started to subside, but she still felt it eating away at her. That is definitely going to leave a bruise. Natsuki shakily checked the time from the phone in her pocket. It was 7:03. She had laid there for two hours in absolute pain.

Natsuki tried to sit up and was immediately met with stars in her eyes. She held her head for a moment and slowly but surely sat up. Her head was pounding furiously, but she started to walk upstairs to her room. She walked to her bathroom and scoffed at herself.

Her hair was tousled and her eyes were puffy and red. She lifted her shirt to see where her dad had stomped. She flinched as she saw the sight.

She could she her ribs which was bad enough, but the skin outside was bruised. Ugly and purple, too. It was scratched lightly and little droplets of blood was smeared.

Natsuki grabbed a rag and turned the faucet on to get cold water on the rag. She pressed it to her ribs and hissed with pain. It stung just to lightly brush it. Was it really THAT bad?

Whatever, I've gone through worse. I don't think anything is broken. Natsuki rummaged under her sink for gauze, but realized with a pang she left it at Yuri's house. Whatever, Yuri needed that more than I did.

I don't need help.
This is what I deserved.
I'm worthless.

Natsuki was about to cry again, but she stopped herself. She shook her head, turned the light off in the bathroom, and sat down on her bed. The walls around her felt suffocating. She shook wildly as she heaved a sigh.

She needed to get out of the house and she needed to do it now. She felt like she was going to drown if she stayed much longer.

Natsuki: hey Yuri? can i come over?
Yuri: What time were you thinking?
Natsuki: right now
Yuri: Oh my gosh Natsuki. Could you give me at least a little bit of a warning beforehand?
Natsuki: i am right now
Natsuki: please? i left my gauze at your house and I also need to get out of the house
Yuri: You are very lucky I am not busy right now and that I don't hate you. Do you need a ride?
Natsuki: nah i can walk
Yuri: Natsuki, it's almost nine at night. It'll be cold. I'll be there in 5 minutes, I have a black car.
Natsuki: Alright. Thanks.