Chapter 15

I opened my eyes a smidge as I heard my phone ding. The room around me was dark as my shades were closed. Grabbing my blinding phone I turned down the brightness.

Sayori: hey Monika? You awake?

The text made my stomach drop immediately. I fumbled with my phone to unlock it and quickly reply. Is she okay??

Monika: hey sayo. Yeah im awake whats up

Sayori: did you get the news from natsuki??

Monika: wh no ?

Sayori sent a message that Natsuki had sent her a few hours beforehand.

Natsuki: hey sayori, just letting you know that something big happened. Uhh basically I havent told you guys about this much and im sorry but... my home life isnt that good. Yuri got me out and my dad got arrested. Im staying at her place now. I thought i should update you and again im sorry i havent really told you much about this. I hope i can explain it to u and monika more later

My heart dropped even lower when I read the text.

Monika: oh gosh... do you think that's why she ran out of the club room the other day??? Did Yuri find out something we didn't???

Sayori: I think so :( I'm really worried

Monika: me too. I think she'll be okay with Yuri tho

Sayori: I'm sure she's safe yeah but... what about her emotions and everything???

Monika: I have a feeling Yuri will be there to help her, for now we'll just have to text back our worry and that we love her and everything

Sayori: yeah, I'm pretty sure I blew up Natsukis phone already lmao

Monika: haha, I should do that too

Sayori: I should probably sleep, sorry if you woke you up

Monika: I should too, and it's alright. Text me again if you need me, alright?

Sayori: okay gn, ily

Monika: ily2

I set down my phone, blinking a few times and uttering a sigh. I thought I had sensed something off about Natsuki at some points, but I never delved deeper than that. Apparently I did the same with Sayori. A pit of guilt seemed to drop into my stomach like cold rocks. Was I that oblivious?

Well, to be fair Yuri seemed to be alarmed the other day. I doubted she or Sayori knew about this either. Natsuki wasn't a very open person in the first place.

What am I thinking? She is probably like that because she was afraid! More guilt pinched at me.

I pulled my hair back, thinking back onto Sayori.

No matter how much I was crushing on her, I knew I shouldn't take it any farther. Leaving everything just as it is would be best for her. I hoped so, anyways.

Maybe being just friends was the best way to keep things.

Already the weekend was over. Had it really been that fast already?

Well... it was a lot less enjoyable since Natsuki and Yuri weren't active in the groupchat. Sayori and Natsuki were very good meme suppliers, and Yuri and I were more of the talkative people. Yuri seems so different when she texts, she's really fast at replying usually.

I took a quick shower, drying myself off to get ready for the day. Now that Natsuki and Yuri were going to be back, things should be back to normal. Well... as normal as it can be since Natsuki is staying at Yuri's. Hopefully we would be able to talk it all out once we got to the literature club. I swallowed the hard knot balled in my throat.