01

"name?" the young woman at the front desk asked the girl in front of her

"alaska romero." she firmly stated, looking around at her new boarding school.
"ahh! yes! you're the new one. follow me to your dorm please!" she yelled very loudly, the whole school could probably hear.
alaska moved the hair near her eyes out of her face, to get a better view of the name of her school.
"Austere Academy" she read.
"you're expected to wake up at promptly 8:00 every morning, except for weekends. breakfast is at 8:30 every morning. due to your age, you get 2 teachers, who teach you all of your subjects. no boys allowed in the girls dorms after...." the young woman continued, but alaska just watched the names of the doors she passed by.
"biology lab, technology course, advanced literature..." she trailed on.
"oof" was heard as she collided with a young boy who had brown hair, wearing glasses and was slightly taller than her. he looked a bit stressed.
"o-oh, I'm sorry...uh here let me help you." alaska said as she bent down to help pick up the boys mess of papers & books he was once carrying.
"t-thank you" he said adjusting his glasses.
"you look new here. is it your first day?" he asked her.
"yes, actually. my name is alaska. alaska romero." she said as she held her hand out to shake his.
he struggled to get his hand out of the bunch of books & paper, but eventually shook her hand and smiled.
"uh well it's nice to meet you. i'm zachary tate. please don't call me zach." he stated & alaska just laughed.
the bell rang knocking the two out of their thoughts.
"oh no, im late! i'll see you around, alaska!" he said and speed-walked down to the next hall.
alaska liked the boy. he armed what she would consider "nice to hang around with."
"alaska, dear!" the woman called out, and alaska rolled her eyes.
"this is your dormitory! you'll be sharing it with two other girls, who i'm sure you'll become best friends with! you're first day starts tomorrow. get settled in & walk inside!" was all the woman said and clicked her heels before walking away.

alaska hesitated before knocking on the door for entrance. she knocked three times and no answer came. she twisted the knob of the door to see that it was unlocked, and her eyes were blinded by the bright shades of pink plastered on the wall.
"do you mind? who are you?" a blonde girl on her phone asked with a filthy look.
"i'm your new roommate." alaska said and dropped her bags on an empty white bed in the corner of the room by the door.
"well, it looks like there was most likely a mistake. we'd never room with someone like you." a girl with the reddest of hair said.
"and why is that?" asked alaska.
"let's just say that we both wanted this dorm to ourselves." the girl with the red hair replied.
"well, it looks like we all can't get what we want. sooo, you're stuck with me." alaska answered.
the girls just scoffed and left the room, leaving alaska in her thoughts.
"this is going to be a loooong stay." she sighed.