< 9 >

"You'll be okay on your own? Your father and I are going to be gone for a couple of days and Jihyun is sleeping over at a friend's house tonight for help with school." His mom asked, taking a sip of water. But when she went to set it on the counter, the cup fell and water went everywhere.

She gasped and didn't pay much attention to wiping it up. There was still a lot of water on the floor when she was 'finished' cleaning.

"For the millionth time, yes. I've been home alone before." "Oh dear, what if you need help going to the bathroom. Maybe I should call your aunt over to stay the night."

"Mom, I'm fine." Jimin groaned. It was always like this whenever his parents had to leave for work. "I'm already dressed in something comfy so I don't have to worry about pj's. I can pull myself into bed and and can just pee in a damn bottle if I can't reach the toilet."

She thought over it again. Even though a million possibilities were running through her mind at a mile a minute, she believed he would call them or his brother if he really needed anything.

"Fine, but you can't use the stove. You can just reheat last night's dinner in the microwave. Remember to take off the aluminum foil please." His mom begged. Jimin just nodded and had a worried look etched on his face, knowing he wouldn't even go near the stove nowadays.

 Jimin just nodded and had a worried look etched on his face, knowing he wouldn't even go near the stove nowadays

His dad honked from outside, getting his mom's attention. "Okay. We love you sweetie. Please call if you need anything." She waved once more as she closed the door.

The room was silent as Jimin watched them leave down the road. This almost felt like deja vu. Like the day of the accident when he watched his parents and brother leave for the orientation. Except this time, the emotions were changed.

~

"Namjoon, I'm bored." Hoseok whined throughout the apartment. "Okay what do you want me to do about it?" Namjoon asked from the couch where he was reading a book that he's wanted to read for a while but didn't have enough time until now.

"Do something with me? I know! We can play scrabble, I know that's your favorite game. You always tell us oh, it's an English word and we never believe you but we still let you have it. We can play that?" Hoseok asked, slightly bouncing.

"Hoseok, egregious, galvanize, salient, and calendar are English words! We've been over this. You really need to advance your vocabulary." Namjoon exasperated.

Hoseok huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, "okay, sure." "You literally know what a calendar is what the hell." Namjoon pulled at his hair in annoyance.

"I'm bored." Hoseok started leaving, "Yoongi."

~