< 23 >

Jihyun was up and getting ready at seven in the morning. Today was day one of their trip and he wanted an early start. He texted the group chat he started and asked if anyone was up. The only one up was Hoseok, who suggested they get breakfast for the rest.

He looked over at Jimin who was passed out in his bed. The blankets were basically on the floor by now, the pillows being sprawled everywhere just like Jimin's starfish position.

Carefully without waking Jimin up, Jihyun picked up the fallen blanket and draped it over him. He smiled when he saw Jimin cuddle into the blankets more.

With a final nod, he left the room and softly knocked on the six's hotel room, which was a big suit. Hoseok emerged with a smile, he was adjusting his fanny pack around his waist.

"Ready to go?"

"Yup."

They made their way to the elevators, Hoseok rambling on about this really good donut shop nearby. Jihyun only half listened, focusing more on the fact that they were really here in America.

Hoseok nearly dragged the younger out of the elevator. "My English sucks, how's yours?" Hoseok asked Jihyun who was trailing behind him on the sidewalk. Hoseok slowed to match the others speed.

"I barely passed English in school, my only bad grade." Jihyun laughed. He remember the times where he was stressed in his room, crying to his friend that he got a C+ on a quiz. He managed to scrape by and pass the class with a B-.

"Looks like we are screwed," Hoseok chuckled. They turned a corner and the building was just right ahead of them. There weren't many people on the streets just yet because of the early morning.

The two crossed the street and went inside the building. It was a nice place, very casual with lots of seating. It looked like a bakery or cafe. The theme was green and white, a nice mix that's not straining Jihyun's eyes.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

Hoseok smiled, understanding what she said (as it's also the basic line anywhere in the world) and spoke in broken English.

"Two.. Two boxes of uh.. doughnuts please."

The lady smiled, "okay, and will that be two six's or two dozen?" The two were lost, scrunching their eyebrows. The lady was smart though, realizing that English wasn't their first language. She pulled out the 6-doughnut box and the 12-doughnut box, pointing to both.

Jihyun made a small 'ah' noise, tapping on the bigger box. "Two these." She put away the smaller box and got out another big box.

"What kind?" She asked, showing the different variety of doughnuts. Was that cereal on top of one?

"Surprise us." Hoseok smiled. They watched as she put at least one of each in the box. Jihyun felt like he was forgetting something though. Something important.

"Would that be all today?" Hoseok was in the middle of nodding as Jihyun gasped, realizing what he was forgetting.

"Holes! Need holes."

The lady stifled a laugh and remained professional. "Holes?" The lady and Hoseok asked. Jihyun was snapping his fingers trying to think of how to say it in English.

"Doughnut holes. brother likes chocolate." Jihyun made a circle with his hand. The worker hummed, "these?" Jihyun nodded and smiled. "Yes, thank you."

"Your total is $26.36." Hoseok pulled out his card and gave it to the lady. Soon after, they were back on the streets and laughing at themselves. "I can't believe you just screamed holes in the shop."