don't go near the water chapter 4

I was able to focus pretty well for the rest of the day, and when PE came, I gave my teacher the note and went to the library to study. Thankfully no one else was in there. I got a lot of homework done before the bell rang and then I went to my locker as quickly as one can with a boot on their foot. I got my things and went to the back of the school. I couldn't find Toby, so I just sat down by a tree and waited. "Hey Elsa!" I turned my head left to meet the voice that spoke the words. It was Toby. He was waving to me as he walked over to me. I waved back. He sat down beside me. I waited for him to begin talking. "So, you. You need to know who you are. Your name is Elsa, yes, but that doesn't mean your name could change who you are. Have you been noticing some strange things happening lately? You're extremely thirsty, you feel natural in the water, you can turn on water with just a touch of your finger?" how did he know that? I was scared to ask, so I nodded my head as an answer. "You're 16. You have a long life to live, but the life you're living now is full of secrets. No one, and I mean, no one can know about what I am about to tell you. Do you have a water bottle?" I pulled my water bottle out from lunch and handed it to him. He took off his left shoe and sock and poured a little water on his foot. It became scaly. "You... you..." I stammered. "Yes I know, I'm a merman. And you're a mermaid. You may think I'm crazy. But your dad, the King of the Sea, would like to see you. He needs you in the kingdom." 

This information was weird. It kind of made sense, but it was weird. I didn't know what to say to him about this information, so I decided to just ask a question. "So, when am I getting my tail?" and then he started laughing. It's like someone told him the funniest joke in the world or something. "Why are you laughing?" "Because, the fact that you know so little is hilarious." "Excuse me? I happen to be a straight A student!" "No, I mean the fact that you know so little about this. You already have a tail. You just haven't seen it because your mom doesn't let you in the water." "How did you know that?" "Because my dad treated me the same way. And when I found out who I am, I left. By the way, you'll be getting more powers soon. You'll be able to manipulate water in more ways. You'll be able to hear what creatures that live under water are thinking, but only if they're in the same room as you, and only if you want to hear what they're saying."

This information was entering my brain at full speed like it had been something I had always known but had never thought about. But I still had one question pawing at my brain. "So why did they send you to tell me all of this? Not trying to be rude, I just want to know." he pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and began reading it. "Dear Mr. Toby Francis, we would like you to go up to the surface and talk to someone. This girl is the daughter of the king, but she does not know about her abilities or about the fact that her father is the king. She will probably be stubborn, but this is why we are sending you. Since you are her age, you might have a better time convincing her to come talk to her father and live under water. You will check in at the end of every day about your progress. Sincerely, Queen Luna" 

As soon as he finished reading the letter, I started running... well, hobble running. No way was I going to live under water with some queen that I don't even know exists. I ignored the foot steps of Toby behind me and just kept going until he ran in front of me. "What do you want?" I yelled, louder than I thought I would. People looked at me when I yelled that, but I didn't care. "Stop running. I know you don't believe any of this. But we really need you" at this point his voice was at a normal tone, but then he lowered it to a whisper "there are bad things happening in the kingdom. If you don't help us, our entire world will be destroyed." "You expect me to go with you just because you-" my sentence was cut off by him kissing me to silence me. I don't know why he just didn't put his hand over my mouth, but I didn't care. His kiss was gentle, unlike Josh's which tended to be hard and rough. There was a group gathered around us now. But luckily, none were Josh's friends. 

When Toby stopped the kiss, I was almost sad, but I also remembered Josh, who would be mad if I kissed anyone else. He wouldn't hurt me, but he might take a swing or two at Toby. Toby is buff, but I don't think he'd fight back. "so, will you help us?" he had plea in his eyes. "Yes." i said, with a sigh. I know I shouldn't be agreeing to go anywhere, much less under water, with  a stranger. But this guy was different, He was nice and gentle and cared. "So, when do we start?" "Not until after the lake house week." Oh my gosh! The lake house! I almost forgot about that! I had a question for Julie about it! "Oh my gosh! I have to go!" I took a pen out and wrote my number down on his hand. "Call me or text me when you need or want to. Bye!" and Then i waved and he waved and we parted ways.I glanced back to see if he was still there, but he wasn't. Oh well.