don't go near the water chapter 9

When we got to Julie's house, we had to wait for a little while. Toby and Josh weren't there yet. Sal sat on the couch texting a girl he liked, and Julie kept looking over everything making sure she wasn't forgetting anything. She was a profectionist, and no matter how many times I asked her to calm down, she would ignore me. I'm just happy she didn't have to make sure she wasn't forgetting any food. She said we would go get food on the way there, even though when I looked up places by the lake on my computer, and I didn't find any grocery stores. 

Toby and Josh showed up within 12 minutes. Everyone loaded their stuff into Julie's familie's huge green van. They rarely use the van anymore, since her older siblings went off to college. But they used to go on road trips all the time, and I went with them a couple times. This van has never broken down. Julie was taking the first driving shift, and Sal sat in the drivers seat because he claimed he would take the second shift. But he might not make it that long. He falls asleep easily. He's usually the first one to fall asleep at our sleepovers. But I don't blame him. We stay up pretty late and I even have a hard time staying awake. Toby and Melody sat in the middle and Josh and I sat in the back. Julie turned around, looked at all of us and said "get ready for the best week of your life!" and we all went "woo hoo!" and threw our arms up in the air. We rolled down all the windows and Julie opened the sun roof. It felt like the perfect day to go to the lake. Even though we wouldn't be arriving until tomorrow. 

I ended up falling asleep with my head on Josh's chest. Luckily it was after I knew that Sal took over driving so I wouldn't be worried about Julie falling asleep behind the wheel. I had a couple of dreams, but I couldn't remember any of them when I woke up. And when I did wake up, Josh was asleep, and snoring lightly. Everyone else was asleep, too, except for Sal. I took my head off of Josh's chest, and I made eye contact with Sal through his reflection. "Good morning sunshine!" he said. I'm surprised he was so perky, even though he had been driving for a few hours. "Hey Sal" I said, while rubbing the tired out of my eyes. "Why are you so perky?" and then he pointed to the cupholder next to the driver's seat. It had an energy drink in it. "I didn't know you drank energy drinks." "I usually don't, but since I'm driving you lameos, I didn't want to take the risk of falling asleep." "Do you want me to take over?" "Nah, I got it." and then he lowered his voice to a whisper "By the way, if you want one of these, I have more in the cooler in the back" "Thanks Sal" 

I looked out the window on my side, and it was dark. I was really considering going back to sleep, but I didn't want to miss the grocery store trip. I climbed back to the trunk at a stoplight and got an energy drink out of the cooler. It tasted like green apple. It gave me enough energy to last me through the rest of the night and the morning. I watched the sunrise, and it was beautiful. Sal ended up going to the grocery store at 7:00, and we woke everyone else up. And we were the leaders of the pack as they zombied their way through the store. We grabbed some coffee and cream and sugar off the shelves, the only one that drinks black coffee is Josh. And we got a bunch of food, junk food and healthy food. We got some meat for grilling. We got ingredients for s'mores. We had a full cart, and it didn't look like that would last all of us through the week, but the lake house was close in case we needed anything else. 

Julie drove the rest of the way to the lake house, and we unloaded our stuff. Josh, Sal and Toby were able to carry the groceries in without any of our help. We went inside, but since it was still early, we all went to some rooms and took a nap. 

don't go near the water!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें