don't go near the water chapter 10

I was the first one to wake up. We had separated between girls and boys, even though the house was big enough for each of us to have our own rooms. I guess we'd figure that out later. 

I went down to the kitchen and made some coffee. I went to the grocery bags and got the sugar and creamer out and used both until it was perfect. I walked outside the front door to the deck, put one hand on the railing, and looked at the beautiful blue sky as the gentle wind went through my hair. It was a perfect day.  I sat down on the stairs of the deck and took in the view. It was quiet and beautiful. Until Sal came outside. 

"Morning, Elsa!" I turned my head to look at him. "Morning, Sal." He was standing there in blue shorts, a gray shirt, and his hair was all messy. He also had a coffee cup in his hand. "Mind if I sit down?" "Not at all." he sat on the left side of me and sipped his coffee. "Isn't it a great morning?" he asked, not figuring that he had ruined the peace and quiet. "Yes, it is. It's perfect weather." I said, bringing my coffee mug to my lips. I was silently praying that either he would go back inside or that other people would come outside. I love Sal, but sometimes he doesn't have the best timing. Luckily, my prayers were answered when Melody came outside. "Umm, Elsa, I need help with the coffee maker please... I don't really know how to use this kind." "Ok, I'll come help you." I went inside, leaving Sal out on the deck alone. But I knew he wouldn't stay out there long. He doesn't really like being alone. No one has ever quite figured out why. 

Julie came down the stairs, hair in a ponytail, shirt and shorts no doubt covering up a swimsuit. Also wearing her flowered flip-flops. "Good morning girlies. Ready for your first day of lake fun?" "Yep!" I said. "I am" answered Melody. Then I noticed that Julie was carrying two phones in her hand. "Elsa, your mom called you." I didn't get mad that she looked at my messages or anything. She's my best friend. She lets me look at her messages too. I took my phone from her. "Thanks." I finished making Melody's coffee, and Julie made hers. We went out and joined Sal on the deck. I texted my mom, making sure everything was ok, to which her response was calling me. "I'll be right back" i said to the three.

I went inside the house and answered the phone. "Hey Mom." "Hey Elsa. I have a conference in Phoenix that they just sprung on me. I left your brother with one of his friends. You're doing ok?" "Yes I am." "Good girl. I'm sorry that this is so last minute" "It's ok mom. I'll be ok." "Good. I love you" "I love you too" "I'll call you tonight" "Ok mom. Have fun in Phoenix." and then she hung up and I went and rejoined my friends. Julie gave me a look of concern. "Everything ok?" "Yep. My mom had a last minute conference in Phoenix so now she'll be there all week." "Sweet!" 

Josh and Toby came out of the house at the same time. Josh was drinking his coffee but Toby didn't have any coffee in his hand. Maybe he didn't like it. "Hello Els" Josh said and then he kissed my cheek. "Good morning" I smiled. Today was going perfectly. But with my luck that probably wouldn't last long.