Chapter 5 Arc 1.0

Chapter 5. Arc 1.0 Over here!

Hi everyone, welcome to the first arc!

My little heart is so happy from all the comments, votes, adds, and follows.
I promise there won't be any ninjas cutting onions any time soon, so please read on!

(*`□)<炎炎炎炎 let the show begin!

Ding Dong!
An Zhen woke up in the morning groggy and confused. Surprisingly, his eyes were not swollen shut. He cursed the bright white light spilling in through gaps in the curtains. He was so tired, it was even a chore to breathe but he had to earn money. 'For Mother...For Li Li.'

Ding Dong!
"Who is it?" He called out begrudgingly. No response, the person kept spamming the door bell.

Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong!
An Zhen was at the end of his already short straw and stomped up to the door, "what do you want?!" He pulled opened the door.

His eyes consumed with white as a gust of wind came crashing into him. It was so cold it took his breath away. He squeezed open his eyes. There was no one there. No, there was nothing there. An Zhen eyes widen in shock at the endless emptiness at the other side of his door. Never-ending bright white light filled the horizon.

He ran to the window and tore open the curtains. White.
'Took you long enough.'
'Where? What?' An Zhen couldn't fathom what was happening and rushed to the exit. 'Mom, Li Li!'
'Stop, you'll fall!'
An Zhen screeched to a sudden halted at the door frame.

'Who?' An Zhen searched for the boyish voice. There was no one in the room.
'It's me!' It cheerfully cried.
'Over here!'
An Zhen continued searching and found flickering light.
'Yeah that way!'
An Zhen picked up An Li's phone.
'Welcome host. I have been waiting a long time for you. I am your personally assigned task assistance system, serial number 53010000-5G.'
"Where are they?" An Zhen said with urgency, 'I can't stay here.'
'You do realize you can't leave here conventionally, right?' It said snarkily. It's formerly friendly tune turned sarcastic and sharp.
'You're in my mind!?'
'Haha, you never were the clever brother were you? I'm bound to you, to your soul to be precise. So you could say I'm in your mind...At least that's what the manual said.'
'I need to go see my family.' He breathed in sharply.
'You accepted the contract remember? You can't go back now.'
'What?'
'You accepted the contract, I read your bio. Don't worry, as long as you complete the tasks you'll get your wish.'

An Zhen took some time to ponder about anything weird he accepted.
'That strange message...' An Zhen stared at the phone in his hands remembering the events from last night.
'You do remember. Is this your room? It's kinda small, who'd want to stay here?'
'Can you really bring back my family's happiness?'
'Of course, complete the tasks to satisfaction and you will get your wish.' It spoke with uncertainty, it was clear the system was unfamiliar with it's programming.
'Actually you're my first host, so I will do my best to assist you in your mission.'
'What do I have to do?'

The system regurgitated the paragraphs from the manual: The host must travel to different worlds and make changes to the timeline to complete tasks. Each host is assigned one personal task assistance system to support host actions. With each completed task, the host will receive points for upgrades and purchases. Purchases and upgrades are facilitated through the system and are permanent withstanding each world, unless otherwise specified. Once the host has completed all tasks, the agreed upon wish shall be granted to its full extent and the host will be returned to their respective world.