Chapter 22. Arc 1.7 Brotherly Reunion

If you enjoyed this chapter, please vote, comment, add!

Thank you for reading (❁'◡'❁) Come take my hand, let us go to the bl land~

I'm happy my readers haven't just disappeared into thin air, here have another chapter!

>

>

"...Not dead. Alive." Mu Ran hesitated before nodding his head in affirmation. His grip shifted, until he had one hand propping Mu Cheng up and his other hand reached towards his hidden dagger. He was determined to keep Mu Cheng alive, even if it meant going against his dearest person.

>

ヽ('Д`ヽミノ'Д`)ノ

>

The sleeping boy's body fell onto the grass and made hard contact to the dirt ground. He groaned from the sudden harshness as a sharp sound pierced through the air.

An Zhen jerked up from the noise of metal scraping against each other and intense yelling.

His body involuntarily froze at the sight.

An incoming blade stopped inches from his head. A familiar slender dagger blocked its path.

An Zhen felt all the warmth leave his body, he thought he felt the cold steel scratch his body. But it was his mind playing games.

In front of him, Mu Ran was crouched in a protective stance.

"Why didn't you kill him!?" Mu Zhai yelled as he pulled back the short sword and struck down at An Zhen's neck.

An Zhen froze, he was at the other end of the blade. He closed his eyes and braced himself, but he never felt the ice of cold steel.

Once again metal clashed against metal, neither of the blades tasting blood.

"Ah Zhai, stop!" Mu Ran pulled back his blade and stood on equal footing as his twin brother. He gazed into Mu Zhai's eyes, pleading for his understanding.

"Why didn't you kill him?" He was livid. Mu Cheng's sudden change was a sign of weakness, hence now was the ideal time to kill him. Otherwise, Mu Cheng would haunt them for the rest of their lives. They would rather have a ghost than a monster.

"I couldn't -"

"You can't kill him? After all he's done?" Mu Zhai was becoming more and more anxious, his eyes flashed over the lively An Zhen before returning to his brother.

If An Zhen didn't know any better, he would think a boy was arguing with his mirrored reflection. Unfortunately, this wasn't the occasion to appreciate this brotherly moment.

An Zhen quickly took this opportunity to escape. He started quietly scuttling away from the path and towards the deep green forest. He couldn't move too fast or they would find out, and with his broken leg, he would not be able to put up a fight. He edged farther and farther from the two arguing twins.

"I'm n-" Mu Ran was adamant he did not betray his brother.

"If you can't kill him then I will end this." Mu Zhai stepped towards An Zhen, who immediately froze in the midst of his escape.

Mu Ran stepped in between them once more and blocked Mu Zhai's view. He said, "It's different now. The situation has changed."

"Changed?!" Mu Zhai was fervent with astonished rage.

"This monster has blinded you!" He continued to yell, "Have you forgotten our goals, why we're doing all this!? Have you forgotten mother!?"

"Never! I have never forgotten!" Mu Ran pleaded. He would never betray his brother, and he would never forget what happened to his mother, especially when it haunted his nights. Mu Zhai was the only person he trusted in this world, and he desperately needed him to understand. He was exasperated by his social ineptness because he couldn't form the words to explain himself.

An Zhen continued to scoot his butt further and farther away. 'Please don't look over here. I'm just an outsider, don't mind me. Please continue your beautiful brotherly reunion. Xiao Zhen is going to disappear now...' He was inching closer and closer to the thick, tall grass. Just a bit more...

"Then, you will not stop me." Mu Zhai nudged past the exhausted Mu Ran and walked domineeringly towards An Zhen, who silently cursed underneath his breath.

"We can't let him live. He knows." Mu Zhai pointed his blade at An Zhen. His eyes glinted in bloodlust. "He tortured us. He planned to kill us for years. I can't let him live only to watch him slit your neck."

Before Mu Ran could react, Mu Zhai threw a knife pinning An Zhen's pants to the ground. The victim of target practicing cried indignantly, 'Ling Ling, where are you when I need you?'

He grimaced as he stared at An Zhen. He found no pleasure in killing Mu Cheng, in his mind it was like putting down a rabid dog. It was necessary for their self-preservation.

He knew it was purely selfish, but it had to be done to secure their goals.

Mu Ran darted in between Mu Zhai and An Zhen. He physically blocked Mu Zhai from approaching An Zhen any further.

"I will finish this. Get out of my way." Mu Zhai commanded, "Move!"

"Stop, listen to me!"

"Ah Ran, Out of my way!" This time, Mu Zhai pushed the tired Mu Ran to the side. Despite Mu Ran's efforts, he was too weakened from healing his earlier injuries to retaliate and stumbled to the ground.

Mu Ran yelled as he pulled himself up, "Ah Zhai, stop!"

Mu Zhai unsheathed his short blade and stood over the horrified An Zhen. He said, "I'm sorry, Mu Cheng. I wished I could have called you big brother once upon a time."

His world narrowed down until he only saw the boy sitting precariously in front of him, he reminded himself of the Mu Cheng's monstrous acts. He took one last deep breath and he committed to the kill.

"Stop, he's not Mu Cheng!" Mu Zhai heard his twin yell in protest as he struck down.

>

▒▒▓█▇▅▂∩( ✧Д✧)∩▂▅▇█▓▒▒

>

Will the twins kill each other for our main character? 

Will our mochi An Zhen walk away unscathed?

Find out in the next vlog! Subscribe and hit that bell notification! (guys i'm joking ♬♩♪♩( ◜◒◝  )♩♪♩♬)