Chapter 29. Arc 1.24 Magical Pills

Hi everyone, thanks for all the votes and comments (it reminds me that I have a story to update lol).

I love it when my readers call out An Zhen for being a brocon and an idiot because when I was designing An Zhen I clearly wanted to make him a 'silly, dumb, and dense brocon'.

PS in the previous chapter, we found out that Mu Zhai was suppose to be the one below the cliff waiting for An Zhen, not Mu Ran. What do you think would have happened if it was Mu Zhai?

>

>

>

Let's Begin!

>

>

>

After what felt like hours of coaxing and possibly sweet talking the frightened, old doctor, An Zhen finally received his earned reward: treatment. The young boy internally cried of this injustice, he was in pain for what seemed like an eternity and he had to beg a sobbing old man to treat him.

One broken leg, one broken rib.

All in all, 3 bones and a lot of bruises.

An Zhen breathed shallowly, 'no wonder it hurts so much. It even hurts to breath, I just want a nap.'

He was given some herbal rubbing medicine for the bruises while Dr. Zhong wrapped his leg in a splint and fed him a bowl of disgustingly bitter pain medication.

Before An Zhen could even think about the excruciating pain from rubbing out his bruises, the pain medicine fully reached his brain.

The pain disappeared from his body as his mind lifted to the clouds, maybe the more indigestible the concoction, the stronger the effects?

He was bouncing on cotton candy clouds as a small smile unconsciously crept onto his lips and he completely forgot he was suppose to be acting like the cruel Mu Cheng.

Dr. Zhong returned back to his kneeling position on the pristine floor before he said, "First young master, you will need bed rest for one to two months before your injuries are fully healed..."

Dr. Zhong swallowed down the last of his sentence, if Mu Cheng had cultivation he would heal immensely faster but the doctor knew this was a sensitive topic that could destroy Mu Cheng's merciful mood.

At the thought of two months of bedrest An Zhen's little mind spun into overtime. It also didn't help that he was drowzy.

His first hurdle in this world was approaching.

The test was one month away.

He only had one month to heal, train, bulk up, and prepare himself to beat the two magically-infused twins in front of his new dad. There was no way he was going to be bedridden for a whole month.

He needed to complete his mission and return to his family.

A dim lightbulb flashed on inside An Zhen's brain, 'Maybe Mu Cheng can be useful in this situation...I'm so sorry doctor.'

An Zhen had watched a lot of cultivation dramas when he was a teenager.  So he knew whenever there was cultivation, there would always be cultivation pills filled with qi.

He could not count the number of times the dramas showed the heroes stacking in training pills and fighting for miraculous healing pills to bring back sickly, pretty sisters from death's door to join his growing harem.

Now, he was the one in need of the miraculous pills. Not the pretty love interests.

An Zhen tried to channel Li Li's face whenever he came home early in the morning. Angry. Mad. Unyielding.

An Li even accused him of preferring to take care of girls outside than him. It was the classical 'if your brother and your girlfriend fell into the ocean, who would you save?' To An Zhen there would only ever be one choice, he masked an upcoming giggle at the thought of An Li's jealousy.

'Not that Li Li is a spoiled brat, he just wanted attention. This shameful big brother was completely at fault, I was too busy with work.' The brocon reprimanded himself and strongly dismissed any faulty trait his dear brother could possibly have and continued to gently engrave Li Li's (adorably) angry portrait into his heart.

'Get mad, super mad! Grr!' An Zhen had problems psyching himself up, especially when he saw the old man pitifully kneeling down. He tried to caste his heart in stone because what he had to do next made him queasy.

A drought made its way through An Zhen's mouth as he tried to speak but he could not mutter a single sound. He appeared like a fish gasping for air.

>

>

;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;

>

>

The identical twins watched a strange story unfold in front of them. The doctor was never punished, never attacked, never threatened. Mu Cheng even spoke about rewarding the doctor at one point to everyone's astonishment.

Yet, there was a noticeable change in the room. This turning point could be pinpointed on Mu Cheng's strange behaviour. A moment ago he was adamant and smiling to himself. Mu Zhai felt so perturbed and unsettled from the suspicious smile that he did not notice Mu Ran's own face slightly lift up as his eyes sparkled at the sight of the peaceful, charming smile fleeting through his mind.

However, just as soon as the smile appeared, it morphed into a scowl. The tanned face scrunched up and down in what seemed to be frustration before staying permanently into a cruel, frozen grimace.

Dr. Zhong was still in a deep bow and stared at the ground. The treatment was finally over, he felt like he was in the clear. He subtly wiped the accumulated sweat from his forehead as he released a sigh of relief. Yet the moment he peer upwards, all he could see was bright red danger.

Dr. Zhong's eyes met with a Mu Cheng filled with a murderous aura. The bloodlust slipped down his throat and slowly suffocated Dr. Zhong. He turned to the twins to plead for help. Mu Zhai had his eyebrows knit as he continued to assess the situation, while Mu Ran was already slowly walking over to An Zhen.

An Zhen finally mustered the strength to speak as he channeled his (incredibly adorable) angry little brother. It also helped that he sent a small prayer to the original Mu Cheng to give him the power to be cruel. He had to be scary or it would never work. After all, qi pills were usually rare and extremely hard to obtain in dramas. They were always guarded by this god-beast or that heavenly king.

He didn't blame the doctor for withholding something so important for something as insignificant as some broken bones in a swiftly healing child, but he needed to get into the Yang Sect and complete the mission.

An Zhen knew it was selfish but he couldn't think of a better idea, maybe it was the medicine messing with his brain. Just a little scare and he'll get what he needs.

No matter, he swore to bring back a qi pill after he entered the Yang Sect. Maybe he'll get lucky and a harem of demon women will be guarding the pill.

>

>

>

BLOOP

>

>

>

That's the end of the chapter!

What do think?
Did anyone think that 'magical pills' in the chapter title meant something else *wiggly eyebrows*

Ohohoho
Sincerely,
your pervy writer