Breathe

So many different emotions flood through me as Reed stands butt naked in front of Harley challenging him for me. Rose purs at the sight of our mate, standing in front of us with his muscles taut, looking absolutely delicious.

Her words, not mine. I, although blushing at the view, am a little more pissed that he would challenge Harley over me!

I am not some prize to be won! Reed can't just expect me to sit by and be okay with them fighting over me like a new toy the winner will get. They're both idiots if they think that I'm just going to stand here and watch as my fate is decided for me.

Harley smirks but before he can accept, I move to attack. I leap in the air, my teeth bared ready to bite anything off Harley's that comes near me. Instead, something grabs my tail and pulls me back painfully.

Reed lets out a ferocious roar as two men grab me, pulling me away from them. My claws try to grab onto the ground, but I'm not strong enough to stop them.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Dash is in full control and as he's about to run towards me, Harley tackles him.

I whimper as I watch Reed's head hit the ground with a loud thump. Panic surging through me, knowing Harley isn't going to fight fair. He will cheat and use whatever he can against Reed to get what he wants. The last thing I see before I'm dragged into the trees is Reed shifting into his beautiful and majestic wolf.

I try to wiggle and twist out of the hold the wolves have on me. I can tell they're trying not to hurt me, but the more I struggle, the tighter their hold gets. I ignore the pain, I just need to get one to let go and I can take down the other. I refuse to be the weak daughter of the alpha who needs her mate to protect her.

"If it isn't the precious little Luna." a familiar voice taunts from behind me.

I yelp in surprise as I'm tossed a few feet and skid to a stop in front of Adam. He stands with his arms casually crossed over his bare torso. Nothing but loose, ripped shorts and blood spatters covering his body. His dark eyes seem excited and his muscles are tense, ready and waiting for a fight.

He is almost more intimidating right now than I have ever seen him. My confidence is slowly slipping. There is no question that I can take on the two mutts that dragged me here, but this feral man in front of me is something else entirely.

I growl at him, mostly warning him that I will not go down without a fight. I would rather die trying to get away than be subject to whatever Harley and his minions have planned. I just hope that if I die, Reed and my family understand my choice.

He laughs at my growl.

Not a small chuckle, like an adult would give a child. This was a full belly laugh like I said something he found absolutely hilarious. My eyes shift wildly between all three men, well two wolves one man, in front of me. I know my odds against Adam aren't great, but I refuse to go down without a fight.

I crouch on my hind legs, preparing to pounce on the nearest wolf when Adam's voice cuts in.

"Harley may have ordered us not to kill you, but that doesn't mean we can't injure you," his voice is cold and I can hear the underline tones of a promise.

In fact, he looks even more excited about the prospect. His eyes light with excitement and a Cheshire cat smile overtakes his lips before he winks in my direction. He is trying to get under my skin and dammit it's working.

Every fiber of my being wants to wipe that smirk off his stupid face.

And if I die, I'm at least taking this sick son of a bitch with me.