"Aw sHiT!"

I was running through the forest, the branches hitting my face as I did. The speed made my legs burn and my chest grow heavy. I knew I couldn't stop. They were after me and I knew if they caught up I would have to go back and do what They needed me to.

A road came into view, a truck driving along it as well. I sighed In relief and quickly jumped in the middle, waving my arms around.

"Wait! Stop!" I begged. Sure enough, the truck came to a slow stop and I watched a women step out slowly, her hands in the air to show that she wasn't a threat.

"Hi, honey. I'm Lieutenant Roberta Warren. What's your name?" She asked sweetly. I looked between her and her group frightfully.

"Y-Y/n, ma'am." I replied. She nodded with a smile and examined me.

"What are you-"

"Y/n!" A voice shouted from the Forest. My heart dropped and I jerked in the voices direction.

"Get back here, you bitch!" They yelled again. I wiped my head back to Roberta's direction and felt the tears in my eyes.

"Please, I know you don't know me but I can't go back. Please." I begged. She looked into the forest as well and quickly nodded.

"Get in." I did as told and jumped in the back of the truck, when we began driving, I saw the two men from my old group come out of the forest and into the middle of the road, watching their toy drive away.

I was free.

I sighed in relief and leaned back against the edge of the bed and closed my eyes, appreciating my freedom.

A voice cleared their throat causing my eyes to shoot open. An older Man, a boy, and a girl was staring back at me.

"Hello.." I said slowly. The girl leaned forward and offered me her hand.

"I'm Cassandra." She said sweetly.

"Y/n." I said back.

"I'm doc. This is 10k." The older man said. The boy gave me a shy wave. I looked through the window that showed me the inside of the truck and saw a sick looking man staring at me.

"What?" I asked, slightly offended at the disgusted look he was giving me.

"Why are you dressed like that?" He asked. I looked down at my crop top and short-shorts and then back to him.

"Like what?"

"Like a child prostitute." He replied.

"Shut up, Murphy." Another voice butted in. A girl pushed his head from the window and stuck hers out.

"Excuse him. He's always an asshole. I'm Addy, this is my boyfriend Mack and then Garnett is driving." She said kindly. I smiled and returned the greeting before turning my attention towards Cassandra.

"You were part of that other group, weren't you?" She asked. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"With Brian and Tim? They made trades with Tobias all the time." The familiar names made my stomach bubble.

I slowly nodded.

"I was in Tobias's group." She said. The unsettling feeling seamed to fade. I was glad that I wasn't the only one that did what I had to, to survive. It was my only option and she understood that.

"We did what we had to do." I told her. She nodded with a smile and I knew she felt the same amount of appreciation.

A few more minutes went by and the truck came to a slow stop on the side of the road.