The Ellie Badge

DONT PLAY THE SONG TILL I SAY PLEASE!!!!!!

The rest of the group and I stopped for some rest on our way to Washington because of Murphy's constant complaining.

Mu: They want me there alive you know. That's not gonna happen if we keep walking.
I rolled my eyes as we all set up camp.

Y/n: Do you ever shut up?? Murphy gave me a glare and scoffed.

Mu: I'm special remember??
I let out a laugh

Y/n: Whatever your mama told you to sleep at night...

I heard a chuckle from the group as everyone got
settled. I reached in my bag and pulled out a small mirror I had.

I cringed at what I saw. I had cuts and bruises everywhere and my hair looked like a rats nest.

Y/n: Warren I'm gonna go to the river I saw i ways back and clean up. I'll be back in a bit.
I heard a mumble in response and went to head off when I heard a voice.

10k: You know, you shouldn't go out alone.
I rolled my eyes playfully.

Y/n: Than come join wonder boy.
I sent a wink his way and saw him gulp and nod. I smiled to myself at his reaction.

We walked in silence as we reached the river. I started to take off my cloths when I heard him speak again.

10k: W-what are you d-doing??
I smiled at his again.

Y/n: Bathing? Care to join. The water feels good.

I turned to him in nothing but my undergarments and walked in. My eyes staying with his the entire time. He watched me carefully as I began washing dirt off myself.

Y/n: why let this good occasion go to waste? When are you gonna find another time to wash up??

I swore I could see the wheels turning in his head. After a moment or two in silence he nodded and begun taking his cloths off.

I smiled as he carefully walked in getting closer to me.

I finally had a chance to take in his features.
His blue eyes standing out to me the most. His shaggy black hair slightly tangled and dirty.

He wasn't the most fit but he defiantly had some muscle to show off. (Omg bich where😂😂lmao jk doh)

He let a small smile slip as he must have realized what I was doing and started to lean in.

We were close enough to where I could feel his hot, shaky breath on my face.
!Snap!

We quickly turned towards the noise to see the whole group standing behind a tree. When they saw us looking at them they quickly scrambled to hid behind the tree.

Group: shhh. Shut up. Do you think they heard us. Shut up. You shut up! Don't make me smack ya'll.....Sorry Warren.

I looked back at 10k who was smiling at me.

Y/n: what is this a free show?? Come join the fun would ya?

I saw the group slowly emerging from the tree with small smiled in their face.

Addie: We- uh- we just wanted to see...

OKAY YOU CAN PLAY IT NOW!!

Okay so this means more if you just picture this all happening in slow motion...you know like the movies?

I laughed and motioned for them all to come in. They all cheered and one by one they jumped in.

I looked at Mack who had a devilish smile on his face. Before I could even process what was going on he took me by the waist lifted me up and dragged me in the water.

I emerged from the water laughing up a storm. That small act seemed to declare a water war and we were all splashing each other.

I heard laughs and giggles and screams and stepped back from the group to take the whole scene in.
This. This right here, is love. Family. Joy.

The whole world seemed to slow down as I watched my family from afar.

I don't known what I would've done without them.

I look over to see everyone starting to play chicken.
I laughed as Murphy shoved Warren off Mack's shoulders.

We have been through so much together. Some much love, hate, sadness, anger, jealousy.

And yet we all seemed to pull through together.
Mack tackled Addie like he did me in the water in which she also came up laughing.

I was looking at my whole world right here. All I ever needed.

I turned my head slightly seeing 10k was already looking at me.

I smiled at him and he motioned me to rejoin them all. I laughed and joined the game of chicken. Finally fitting in with people. Finally finding love.

I felt a small tear slip past my cheek quickly pushing it away and joined in the fun.
I've never had much of a family but I'm glad that I got to call these wonderful people mine...

I had my Ellie Badge.