n

12:14 AM

"Fuck. Oh my shit—jesus christ!" Jeongguk cursed relentlessly as the car came to a harsh stop. He subconsciously mom-armed Taehyung where he sat in the passenger seat, wincing with each time the boy slammed on the breaks. With no taxis being out this late on a Wednesday night, Jeongguk had been forced to drive Taehyung's little gray beetle. He had his license, yeah, but he hadn't driven in an extremely long time. As an CEO, he was always surrounded by chauffeurs and employees. The responsibilty hadn't fallen to him until now. Of course.

"Jeongguk, please. Ease your foot into it. Gently. Finesse it." Taehyung groaned almost incoherently as he held his head. Jeongguk almost laughed. Finesse it. Despite the concussion, he was still the same old Taehyung.

"Right—motherfucker! He cut me off, that wasn't my fault! Son of a bitch!" He scowled beneath his black mask and flipped the driver in front of them off. He didn't know who he was angrier at, the bad drivers or himself. If he would have been patient and taken Taehyung to the house for the night, they wouldn't even be in this situation. Or, even better, if he had just stayed home and wallowed in his single misery, nothing would have happened at all. Jeongguk took that last thought back, though, as soon as he glanced over at Taehyung.

His bleach blonde hair was messy from the sex they had almost had, and his lips were swollen and pink. Blush still drizzled his cheeks, and his eyelashes were so long they brushed his high cheek bones. His scarf was situated to hide his neck, but he knew that beneath it was an array of purples and reds and blues. A sea of color his lips had created on Taehyung's smooth skin. Jeongguk's stomach clenched at the thought and he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Jesus, Jeongguk, keep it in your pants. Now was not the time to get even more hot and bothered.

Jeongguk set his eyes back on the road and continued to (badly) drive, the little gray beetle still lurching sharply to a stop each time they hit a red light. Somehow, the boy got them there in one piece, and after a few minutes of struggling to parallel park, Jeongguk took the keys from the ignition and unbuckled his seatbelt along with Taehyung's.

"Tae, you alive?" He asked, his childhood nickname for the barely conscious boy rolling off his tongue with ease. He hummed in response.

"Barely, after that car ride from heck." Taehyung attempted to snark, though it didn't work out to be very intimidating. Jeongguk just found it cute that he was a grown man and refused to use the word "hell". Jeongguk sighed, getting out of the car and walking around to his side. He opened the passenger door, and let out a surprised oh as Taehyung practically tumbled into his arms because he had been leaning against the window. Jeongguk heaved him
up to his feet, but his weak knees wouldn't cooperate in the slightest.

"Whoa—okay, bear with me here—nonono, don't try to walk." He said, and before Taehyung's blurry brain could compute what he said, he felt his feet being lifted off the ground, a strong force underneath his thighs and under his back, and something firm for him to rest his head against. His dark brown eyes opened languidly, and through the haze and stars that muddled his vision, he could see Jungkook's sharp jawline and black mask, the round glasses he had put on to drive nearly sliding off the tip of his nose.

On instinct, Taehyung reached up to try to push them back in place, but royally missed, ending up with just narrowly missing Jeongguk's eyes. Jeongguk let out a surprised sound and craned his neck away from his hand.

"Okay, try not to poke my eye out, sound good?" He sassed, and Taehyung pouted, shutting his eyes again.

"Meanie." He mumbled lethargically, what little filter Taehyung had being abandoned. Jeongguk chuckled at his childish default mode the concussion had set him to as he began to walk towards the emergency wing of the hospital. Of course he had parked on the other god damn side of the hospital. Taehyung's head lolled against his chest somewhere along the way during the long trek, and when the boy looked down, he saw his jaw had slackened to the point where he had to be falling asleep. Jeongguk couldn't remember for certain, but he was fairly sure you weren't supposed to sleep with a concussion.