s

2:08 AM

"Taehyung." Jeongguk murmured as he gently brushed the pieces of hair off of the blonde's forehead with his fingertips. "Tae. Wake up." He tried again when he didn't budge. He felt bad waking him. He looked so peaceful and relaxed. The smile lines around his eyes and the worried ones etched into his forehead were smoothed away. His messy blonde hair was a halo around his head. Plump pink lips parted slightly as he released light snores. Jeongguk would be a liar if he said he wouldn't find interest in just memorizing the sight of him in this moment.

"C'mon. Wakey, wakey." He sighed, persisting despite the temptation. He pulled the navy blue comforter off of the slumbering boy in his bed. Jeongguk had been trying not to dwell on the fact that a boy was in his bed, but seeing Taehyung like this made his mind travel faster than his common sense. At the cool air breaching the warm cocoon he was enveloped in, Taehyung groaned, rolling over in protest.

"Five more minutes." Tae mumbled out sleepily. The rasp in his voice made Jeongguk's heart skip a beat. "Please, halmeoni." He hummed pleadingly. The entirety of Jeongguk's being practically collapsed in on itself in secondhand grief. Taehyung clearly wasn't as healed from his grandmother's death as he seemed to be. Jeongguk wanted nothing more than to slip into the bed beside him, pull the duvet up over their bodies as he draped his arm over him; as he protected him from the cruel world, though he doubted the strong-willed, independent Taehyung would even need his protection at all.

"Do I look like an old woman to you?" Jeongguk said instead, deciding humor was better than seriousness in this situation. "Or did you forget how much of a man I am? You saw for yourself." He said. This was enough to startle Taehyung awake. He sat straight up in bed, his hand immediately going to his head as he winced. Jeongguk managed a small smile as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"For heck's sakes, Jeongguk, do you ever stop?" Taehyung asked, rubbing his head gently.

"Stop what? Being so charming?" He teased.

"Yeah, if by being charming you mean being a playboy." He said. Jeongguk gasped and stood to avoid the pillow that Taehyung was about to bring down on his head.

"Well, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine?" He smirked, ruffling his blonde locks gently. Taehyung scowled and slapped at his hand, earning laughs from Jeongguk.

"I'll hurt you." Tae scowled, wobbling as he rolled out of bed. As soon as he stood up, his eyes widened, and he mumbled a curse under his breath in dismay.

"You okay?" Jeongguk asked, all jokes aside as he approached him carefully. Taehyung's face suddenly flushed, shifting uncomfortably.

"My head feels like it's gonna explode." He said softly. Jeongguk's lips parted in surprise and slight panic. He felt terrible, but knew there was nothing he could do about it, which only made him feel worse. "I think I'm the single most unlucky person in the world. A concussion, and an unfortunate sex escapade all in one night." Jeongguk glared at him, crossing his arms.

"Glad to know you're enjoying our time together." He said sarcastically. "My friends will make fun of me for the rest of my life for the so-called unfortunate sex escapades, so you're not the only unlucky one." Taehyung's wide eyes only got wider at this.

"Wait. Your friends know? How many friends? Are they here? Wait, wouldn't they be asleep?" Taehyung asked nervously, rambling.

"They were, until Seokjin hyung started having a hissy fit over me being out so late and bringing a boy home. He woke the other four up and they interrogated me." Jeongguk explained, leaning back against the side of his desk. Taehyung stumbled forward and slapped Jeongguk's shoulder harder than would be friendly.

"And you actually told them the truth?" He whisper yelled, sharply poking Jeongguk's chest with each of his final words. Wincing, Jeongguk grabbed his hand to stop its attack.

"I had to! It's impossible to lie to the hyungs." He exclaimed. Taehyung groaned, kicking him in the shin due to the unavailability of his hands before beginning to clumsily pace. He could hardly walk in a straight line due to his concussion, though, so Jeongguk had to resist the urge to laugh. In all honesty, Jeongguk found the blonde to be extremely attractive when he was angry. His dark eyes were aflame with flecks of amber and gold, and it didn't help that he had practically pinned him against the desk, either.

"Great. They probably think I'm some crack head you picked up off the side of the freakin' road." Taehyung explained. Jungkook shook his head vigorously.

"No, they don't. The hyungs aren't like that." He said, managing a reassuring smile. "In fact, they probably want to put a face with the name I talk about so much." Taehyung's pissed off expression softened as he looked up at the boy.

"You talk about me?" He asked quietly. Jeongguk nodded earnestly.

"Of course. Everytime we talk about our lives before the company got big, the first thing that comes to mind for me is you." He said softly. From the skeptical look in his eyes, he knew he thought he was bullshitting, but he was telling the truth. Jeongguk couldn't count the number of times Taehyung's name had been brought up in casual conversation on tour, or whenever he was missing home as a trainee. He didn't realize how large of an aspect Taehyung was to his life until he lost him and found him again. "Listen. Let's get you some clothes that aren't, uh—soiled, and then—" Jeongguk tried to change the subject but failed miserably as Taehyung burst into a fit of giggles. Jeongguk was without his mask, so Tae could see his cheeks reddening along with the tips of his ears.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop making me laugh, Jeon?" He exclaimed, hand going to his head as he clutched it in pain.

"I wasn't trying to be funny." He deadpanned, and Taehyung only laughed harder. He groaned and lightly kicked his shin in protest, turning away to shield his blushing complexion from Taehyung's view.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry." Taehyung finally calmed down, flopping onto his bed with a heaving chest. "Can I take a shower?"

"No, the almost-sex smell mixed with the lovely aroma of the hospital is a good scent on you." He said sarcastically, wiggling his eyebrows. Taehyung guffawed in response.

"Great, thanks. You wouldn't happen to have any clothes that would fit me, would you?" Taehyung asked. Both he and Jeongguk knew that Jeongguk's clothes wouldn't properly fit him, because Jeongguk had lean muscle tucked under his t-shirt and thighs that were products of working out all kinds beneath his pants. Taehyung was fit, but not in that way. In all honesty, Yoongi probably had a stray shirt or undergarment or two left behind by his inconsistent string of one night stands, but there was no way in hell he was letting Taehyung wear those; he didn't know where they'd been.

"Nope. But I do have sweatpants with drawstrings and a t-shirt. You can wear a pair of boxers if you want, too. I don't care." He said, walking to his dresser and rummaging through the drawers. That was the good thing about being so previously close to Taehyung. Despite not having seen him in years on top of the unfortunate bathroom incident, he was already so comfortable with him. The thought of Taehyung wearing his clothes delighted him rather than made him nervous. His imagination ran wild with how adorable he would look practically swimming in the excess fabric of his oversized clothes. He tossed a pair of gray sweats and a white tee onto the mattress next to him.

"Yeah, I'll take a pair." He sighed from his place on the bed. "Only if they have Iron Man on them like when we were in middle school." Taehyung teased. Jeongguk laughed sarcastically, retrieving a pair of black Calvin Kleins and handing them to him with a smirk. "Ooh, Jeongukkie's a big boy now."

"You would know, wouldn't you?" The words popped out of his mouth instantly, causing Taehyung's cheeks to flush. Not knowing what else to do with himself, he flicked his forehead. Flinching, Jungkook sighed.

"That was a pretty playboy-esque thing to say." He admitted, and Taehyung nodded.

"Just show me where the shower is." Taehyung dragged his hand over her face. He could tell from the look on Jeongguk's face that he was dying to say something else, and knowing him as well as he did, he knew what it was. "If you ask me to shower with you, I will hurt you."