e

3:59 AM

"Faster! Faster! Jeongguk, you're so good! No fair!"

Jeongguk grinned as he crossed the finish line first in Mario Kart for approximately the fourteenth time. He glanced to his right to see a frustrated Taehyung, aggressively pressing buttons on his X-Box controller despite having already lost. His pink lips puffed out in a pout, and Jeongguk had to resist the urge to kiss it off.

He had lost track of the time the two had been playing Mario Kart for. Taehyung hadn't won once, and he was getting quite frustrated, with Jeongguk finding it particularly amusing. He sighed, slumping against his headboard in defeat. Taehyung looked adorable all bundled up in Jeongguk's over-sized sweat pants and t-shirt, and his blonde hair had dried in waves after his shower, framing his bare face. Looking at him, Jeongguk could see the younger Taehyung, sitting on his bed that had Iron Man sheets as they played pretend instead of video games when they were kids.

"Given up yet?" He asked with a sly smile. Taehyung narrowed his eyes at him, before they lit up. Jeongguk knew he had an idea just by looking at him, and before he could ask her what he was thinking about, he crawled over to where he was sitting, legs splayed out and back against the headboard. Tae smiled as he nestled himself into the space between his legs, and leaned back against him, so his back was pressed against Jeongguk's chest. Jeongguk's heart skipped a beat, and he was sure the surprise he felt had translated to his face when Taehyung looked back at him and giggled.

"Nope, because you're gonna teach me." He informed him, and he hummed in understanding, trying his best to contain the smile that was fighting its way onto his lips. Tae turned back around and started an individual race on Mario Kart, and Jungkook sat up a little, wrapping his arms around the boy's waist and laying his hands on top of his own. He was unbelievably glad that Taehyung couldn't see his face, because his cheeks were red. He was just the right height for him to rest his chin on his shoulder comfortably as the race began.

"So, you have to get a good start." He said softly, Taehyung's hair brushing against his cheek. His fingers guided Tae's to the right buttons, and the blonde hummed, eyes focused on the screen. Jeongguk was having a difficult time just watching the game, mostly because he couldn't stop looking at Taehyung. "Okay, now, slow down when you go over the bumps so you don't lose control." He continued, and Tae hummed in response, doing as told. Up this close, he could see the freckles and moles dotting a Taehyung's cheeks, the constellations they made on his face.

"Jeongguk, am I doing this right?" Tae asked, eyes still trained on the race.

"Mhm." Jungkook replied, not even glancing at the game. A few seconds later, they heard a crash, and Jeongguk looked over to see that Taehyung had driven himself off a bridge.

"No! You said I was doing it right! How did I crash?" He exclaimed, looking over at Jeongguk. He smiled sheepishly, tips of his ears reddening slightly.

"I wasn't really watching the game, to be honest." He admitted, and Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows at him. "Something else caught my attention." He said, and just by the soft tone of his voice and the way his dark eyes pierced his own, Tae knew he was talking about him. He smiled shyly, dropping the controller onto the bed as his character continued to drown under the bridge. Jeongguk watched curiously as Taehyung turned around to face him, before crawling forward to straddle his hips.

Jeongguk exhaled heavily and leaned back against the headboard, just in time for Taehyung to lean down and close the space between them. His lips moved languidly against his own, hands gripping the blonde's waist as Tae's rested on his firm chest. The kiss wasn't heated, nor was it sweet. He would describe it as casual, as if they had been kissing one another for years and this was just another time to add to the list. How they had gone from lustful to gentle to normal in the span of one night, he had no idea. All he knew was that he didn't have a problem with it at all.

Jeongguk's tongue teased his bottom lip, and he allowed it. They weren't battling for dominance anymore, and they weren't rushing. The kisses were slow and calm, Jeongguk pecking Taehyung's lips a few times in between each time his tongue ventured into his mouth. Taehyung's hand curved around the nape of his neck, playing with the short hair there, and his hand massaged Tae's lower back. They savored each other, minds and bodies not thinking about what two kissing people would normally do on a bed following a makeout session. This was enough for Jeongguk, he knew that for sure. Taehyung was enough for him. Just having him in his arms was more than he could ever have wished for before this night.

Finally, Taehyung disconnected his lips from his with a final peck, holding himself up with a hand on Jeongguk's chest. Jeongguk smiled, lips swollen slightly, eyes tired, but sparkling with joy. He reached up to brush Taehyung's blonde hair off of his forehead. The way Tae looked at him made his heart leap out of his chest, made his whole body tingle all the way down to his toes. He didn't know what this feeling was, but he couldn't get enough of it; of the euphoria that it caused.

"You're tired." Taehyung murmured, fingers tracing a pattern that only he knew onto Jeongguk's chest. "You're doing the thing."

"What thing?" Jeongguk asked, raising an eyebrow at the older boy.

"The thing that you do. Where you stare off into space for a little while and your eyes get all droopy." Taehyung explained, and Jeongguk chuckled softly. He shook his head, pushing down the yawn that threatened to escape. "It's okay if you sleep, you know." Tae informed him.

"No, that's not fair. You can't sleep, it would be mean of me to pass out right in front of you." Jeongguk said, removing a hand from the waist of the boy in his lap to rub at his eyes. The blonde laughed as Jeongguk gently slapped at his face a little.

"I think I'll survive if you're a little mean. I'm tough." Taehyung informed him. Jeongguk laughed a little.

"Trust me, I know you are." He assured him. Tae sighed, rolling off of him to lay down next to him. Taehyung positioned himself against the headboard before patting the tops of his thighs. Jeongguk raised an eyebrow in confusion. Taehyung rolled his eyes, before, grabbing Jeongguk's shoulder and pulling him down to lay, his head rested on his lap. "Harassment." Jeongguk teased, and Tae rolled his eyes.

"For Pete's sakes, Jeon, shut up and go to sleep." Taehyung exclaimed, his fingers beginning to rake through his thick, dark hair. Almost immediately, his muscles relaxed, and he let out a soft hum of pleasure. He couldn't explain how much he loved it when his hair was played with, and he knew Taehyung knew that all too well.

"You know me too well." He sighed, his eyes drifting closed as he pulled at the blanket to cover them up. Tae chuckled softly, still playing with his dark locks.

"Go to sleep, Jeongukkie." He whispered, and before he could tell him he wouldn't leave him to be awake by himself, Jeongguk slipped into his subconscious. Within a few minutes, he was snoring gently. Taehyung would be lying if he said he didn't find it adorable.

He would also be lying if he said he regretted getting concussed. Because this moment was worth all of it to him. Jeongguk was worth it. And that was good enough for Taehyung.