The Morgenstern mission Prologue - The ring

Prologue

Clary's pov

Mother and father told me and Jonathan that they had some serious shadowhunter business to attend too,and that they would be staying at the New York institute.

I bid them a goodbye and was so excited to be left in Idris and train to become one of the best shadowhunters(like Jonathan my brother).It was my duty to become the best shadowhunter ,after all my father was Valentine Morgenstern.

*******************************************

About two weeks later

Jonathan's pov

Me and clary were training ,we were practising hand to hand combat when we heard a loud knock on the door. I sprinted to get it in time ,with clary dragging along behind me.

I recognised the middle aged man standing at our door it was Hodge,Hodge Starkweather a good friend of fathers.

I invited him in.

Clarys pov

I took in the features of the man Jonathan let in I could tell he was a shadow hunter with his dagger in his pocket shining and reflecting the moon .When Jonathan said his name I remembered who he was. He pulled back the hood on his black robe and asked us to sit down he seemed very serious but Jonathan and I did what we were told.

Hodge spoke and I couldn't understand anything he was saying everything around me went dark .

Jonathan's pov

Hodge told us about our parents death and that they were killed by GREATER DEMONS. I asked Hodge what they were doing going to the New York institute he replied by telling me and a half conscious Clary about The Morgenstern mission.

He told us that our parents were trying to get as many shadowhunters as they could to reverse a curse set on our family by father. Hodge's last words before he vanished into the portal were in two years I will call upon you and your sister to proclaim your fate and when the M on the Morgenstern family ring glows a violent red it will be time.