Chapter 3 - New York

Clary's pov

Simon and I were practising punches like normal and then all of a sudden all I saw was a red light I wasn't quite sure what it was or were it was coming from until I looked over at Jonathan. The red shining light was coming from our Morgenstern family ring.

Jonathan's pov

I looked down at my ring and then there it was a bright red light coming from the M on my Morgenstern family ring. I told Clary to go and pack a bag for the New York institute she gave me a quick smile and sprinted up to her room grabbing Maia and Kenna along the way. The ring had now became a faint red glow and I looked over at Braxtan who grabbed me and Simon and brought us up to our rooms to pack our bags. I quickly packed my bag and ran back down to the training room where there was a portal awaiting us.

Clary's pov

I knew it was time for me and Jonathan to carry on what mother and father were doing even though I wasn't entirely sure what that was. I was now upstairs packing a bag for NEW YORK. I quickly ran down stairs were everyone was waiting and there it was a portal ready to take us to our fate.

I looked over at Jonathan who had paled and didn't look so good. Braxtan was beside him holding Maia's hand. Simon was on the other side holding onto Kenna's hand.I walked over to Jonathan receiving an encouraging smile from Maia. I asked him the one thing we all were thinking "Are you ready?" Jonathan took my hand and we walked into the portal followed by Maia and Braxtan and then Kenna and Simon. I had never been in a portal before it required lots of training it was amazing it was a shimmering whirlpool. In a blink of an eye it was gone and I had surprisingly landed on my feet while everyone else was in a low crouch.

Kenna's pov

Clary was the only one who landed on her feet while everyone else was in a crouch. I looked up and there was the New York institute it was amazing. I knew that the lightwoods and Jace Herondale their adopted son lived there my family,the Blackhoods were very close with them and I had told no one about this I was very nervous meeting them again after seven years the last time I saw Isabelle ,Alec,Jace,Maryse and Robert was at my parents funeral and I was ten.

Clary's pov

I looked up at the instutite and it was beautiful Jonathan and I walked up to the big doors and knocked loudly three times until we heard the echoing of fast footsteps.

I looked across at Kenna who looked really nervous and was holding Simon's hand so tightly her knuckles were turning white. The door creaked and then fully opened to reveal a boy who was not much older than me. He was so handsome I wanted to reach for my pencil and draw everyone of his perfect features. The boy had golden curls with matching golden eyes that I couldn't stop looking at ,his face was perfect he had hollow check bones and light golden skin. I finally stopped looking at him and he smiled at me it wasn't a smirk it was a genuine smile. The golden boy then spoke his name was Jace Herondale and he was living in the institute as the adopted son of the lightwood's.

Jace's pov

I heard a loud knock on the door and I shouted up to Alec to get it but of course that wasn't going to happen. I then tried calling Isabelle to get it but of course she was doing her makeup. Why was it always me who had to do everything around here? I ran to the door and opened it carefully not knowing what was going to be out there. I let the door creak open first and then fully opened it to look into the eyes of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. The girl had bright green emerald eyes and red curly hair I was so lost in her eyes that I didn't notice the others standing there. I looked around and I saw a boy about the same age as me who had white hair and the same green eyes as the girl I guessed they were brother and sister. I then looked over at another boy the same age as me with black hair and ice blue eyes he looked like Alec apart from the height difference. I saw standing beside him was another girl who had dark blond hair and dark blue eyes.

I nearly missed the boy who was about the same age as me but was very small and he was holding the hand of a girl I recongised , Kenna ?

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi guys hoped you liked it I will try and post chapter 4 soon.

Thanks for reading remember to vote,follow and comment

X Creamcoola606