Chapter 1: Late And Badass

[THIS ISN'T A YUI BASHING STORY! I STARTED THIS PLOT-LINE UNDER THE ILLUSION THAT SHE WAS A BAD PERSON, BUT MY VIEW OF HER HAS CHANGED A LOT.

THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY CONATIN CRINGE-WORTHY, YUI-HATING CONTENT SO I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE.]

I stepped out of the limousine with a heavy huff, adjusting my eye patch over my right eye and frowning at the full moon. With my suitcase in one hand, and my beloved cat plush Memo-chan in the other, I made my way to the large lonely mansion sitting in, quite literally, the middle of nowhere.

And I have only got one thing in my head right now: How on earth did I end up, of all bloody places, living in the same house as that self-conceited brat of a girl whom I have to call a sister?

When Yui was, finally, shipped off from the church to who knows where, it was as if all of my prayers had been answered. I didn't a damn where they sent her packing; with Little Miss Saint far, far, away, I could finally see the sun in the horizon. The world was brand new and glowing with opportunity. But I really should have known that miracles don't occur.

'Ryota, I need you to go and live with your sister. Please, it's just for a little while.'

I chewed the inside of my cheek with my teeth, gnawing the flesh until it stung as my grip tightened around Memo-chan, whose stitched on smile seemed to tighten on her face at the memory. I patted her head sympathetically and her shoulders seemed to slump ever so slightly as we approached the our new 'home'.

'I know it's in short notice, it'll be for a short while, I promise'.

'You sound bad when you lie, Seiji' I sighed, lowering Memo-chan into the crook of my arm and knocking on the front doors with the pad of my knuckles. After a beat of silence, the door opened. On it's own. Like the doors would on a haunted mansion. Now that I looked at it properly, the whole set up seemed like a very well-planned Halloween birthday party. A year too late.

Shrugging the thought aside, I clutched Memo-chan to my side and wheeled my suitcase into the building, ignoring the faint click of the door as it closed. On it's own. Somehow, the eerie action seemed almost familiar. I flipped off the suspicion as I took a inconspicuous look around at my new... 'home'. It was pretty dim lit but not quite pitch black, either way, I'd always had better vision than most people so it's not like the dark bothered me much.

There was the distant sound of talking coming from one of the many closed doors, and I wondered whether I should approach it or just let it be. After all, it had nothing to do with me, right? I'd already intruded enough.... I took another long look at the lounge, trying to piece why the design looked so intensely familiar. It was like the answer was flying right under my nose yet I couldn't put my finger on it... It was irritating...

Tch...

I looked down at Memo-chan, who had been following my gaze with an almost speculative smile Like she knew something I didn't. I frowned down at her, letting go of my suitcase to pinch her cheek with my hand. 'Have we been here before, Memo-chan?'

A glint passed through her red eye, but other than that, there was no hint of apparent recognition. Deciding to trust her instincts, I let the topic drop and placed my hand back on my suitcase, heading towards the buzzing closed door. Having made my decision to introduce myself after all, I pushed the door open with my knee just as a 'thump' sound ran from the room.

And I wish I'd just closed the door and got it over with.

Lovely little Yui was sprawled across the floor with that ugly pink sweater I hoped I'd never have to see again, her hand stretched towards her knee cap, which was bleeding the faintest bit. Yet the face she made would have made you think that she cut her leg right open. I tore my eyes away from the petty sight to analyse the rest of the room.