Ch 8 - The Dream

You are still sound asleep. You wake up in a dream state staring around into a black void around you. You walk forward slowly observing your surroundings when all of a sudden a bright light appears ahead of you. You walk towards the light shielding your eyes slightly from the brilliant light. When you get to the edge of the bright light, you slowly stick your hand forward and it disappears through the light. You pull your hand back and it reappears. You breathe in deeply and brace yourself slowly stepping through the light. When you are all the way through, you appear to be standing in a vast meadow. You look around and see that there is an angel in front of you about twenty feet away holding a brilliant red and pink sword. She waves for you to come to her. You gulp and slowly move forward towards her while bracing yourself encase anything goes wrong. Once you are two feet from her, she holds the sword out towards you for you to take it.

"What is this for? Why am I here?" you ask her.

"You are given a chance to prove that you are good deep down. You may be a devil but not all devils have a bad heart. You have displayed love for someone and truly care about others. This sword is to become part of your sacred gear. Lord Michael has seen inside your heart and has deemed you worthy of wielding this blade. This blade is a part of Excalibur. You are the first devil that would be able to wield any part of Excalibur without it hurting you. Use it wisely." the angel says.

All of a sudden the angel disappears and you wake up from the dream sitting straight upright in bed. Gasper wakes up staring at you.

"Are you alright?" Gasper asks.

"Yeah just had a dream is all. I need to go talk to Rias about it. She might be able to make sense of it." you say while getting up and getting dressed.

You walk to Rias' office and knock on the door. You hear movement and then the lock turning and the door opens with Rias standing there in a see through nightgown. It doesn't bother you though.

"What's going on (F/N)? I know this isn't just a casual call. Most people don't bug me in the middle of the night." Rias says while yawning.

"Can I come in. We need to talk about something and I don't want everyone else to hear about it just yet." you say.

Rias steps back and opens the door all the way and you enter her room.

"I had a dream and not sure what it means." you tell her.

"Well sit down and tell me everything." Rias says sitting in her usual chair while you sit down on the other side of her desk.

You explain everything in detail taking about forty-five minutes being very descriptive about things.

"Let me contact someone and get back with you in the morning. For now relax and go back to sleep." Rias says.

"Thank you for listening Rias." you say nodding your head and leaving.

You get back to your room and crawl into bed next to Gasper. Gasper cuddles up to you and asks if everything is alright.

"It's fine for now. Let's get some sleep. Rias says she will have some information on my dream for me in the morning." you tell him.

You both go back to sleep enjoying the time with each other. You both were thankful to have one another to comfort each other. Little did you know your whole world was going to get more complicated.