Five

Relationships are always stronger when you're best friends first and a couple second

Once in kindergarten Bea had a crush on a boy. That boy and I played sometimes football together. Did I care that Bea had a crush on him ? No. Should have I done so ? Yes. Because some things are mine. But did I know back then what was mine ? No. Should have I done so ? Yes. Because just like animals people shall mark their territory too.

- Listen, I talked to Susanne, just like you advised me and we agreed,...we agreed that she should have an abortion.

I lay on my bed, head on the pillows, trying to ignore Patrick. He doesn't seem to understand that I'm not in the mood of talking.

- What do you mean you agreed ?

I manage to ask. Patrick draws in a breath.

- I mean, that we both think that this is the best thing we should do. There's not really any other option.

- There's an option that doesn't involve someone dying.

- Nobody will die. It's not a human yet. The baby's not a human yet.

- Are you stupid ? And how is she going to have an abortion ? She's not even an adult right now.

- And what do you suggest ? Keep the baby ? That would be a disaster!

- Julian!

My mom's voice is heard through the door. Then the door, slams open and she appears, looking at both of us with expectation.

- Mom we're having a conversation here!

Patrick complains. She ignores him.

- Bea came. She wants to talk to you. Can she come in ?

- Y,...

- Okay good because she's really impatient.

I try to stand up from my bed, but Bea has already came in my room, looking upset.

- You go! We need to talk.

Bea announces firstly pointing at Patrick and then at me. Patrick just raises his hands in surrender and exits my room. When the door, shuts down after him, Bea looks at me seriously.

- How dare you leaving like that yesterday ?

I put a pillow in my head again.

- Fuck you Bea.

I murmur.

- Julian, I was worried!

- Really ? You have a weird way of showing it then.

- But... Neymar and I looked everywhere for you.

- Good for you. Leave me alone.

I ordered.

- Are you mad at me or something ?

She asks.

- No.

- Then why did you leave like that yesterday ?

- Not everything has to do with you Bea, can you understand that ?

- Excuse me ?

- I said that not everything has to do with you. Now leave me the fuck alone.

Bea smirks.

- As you wish. Not everything has to do with you either, you know. And you're acting like a baby. Do you want attention Julian ? That's what you want ?