Six

Friendships cause heartbreaks too.

Bea and I had always shared our darkest secrets. For example, there was one time at primary school when she accidentally destroyed the painting one of our classmates had made. It was an innocent action and she definitely didn't mean to do so, but stuff happened. She had came and told everything to me about it and I made a pinky promise to never let anyone know about it, although that meant that we'll all have to be punished because according to the teacher the person that did it, should have had the guts to tell so. Bea apparently couldn't be confronted and I never told anyone about it either.

- You should have at least told me! I waited for you, for I don't know how long!

- Okay, okay can you relax ? It's not a big deal!

That makes me mad. Bea thinks that everything's a joke. We're at her room currently and I try my hardest to make her explain to me why she texted me to come and pick her up and then disappeared just like that. She's hardly paying attention to me, I know by the look on her face.

- And where did you go ?

I ask. Bea raises a brow.

- I had to study with Magda, so I went in the library with her.

- And you were on a hurry just because you had to study ?

Bea stares at me coldly.

- If you recall, I care about my grades, so the answer is yes, I was on a hurry because I had to study.

I'm not sure I believe her, but then again, she has no reason to lie to me.

- You should have told me then.

I accuse her.

- As if you tell me everything.

She replies sarcastically.

- If you're referring to that damn kiss again, I tried to apologise.

- I don't need your apologies Julian. You know damn well that I never had a problem with your girlfriends but for God's sake, not Ella. Not her. You know that I can't stand her.

- Okay listen to me; it was only a kiss you know damn well too that I could never like a girl like Ella. Girls that play with other people's feelings are not my type.

She draws in a breathe.

- Anyway Julian, I don't want to talk about it. I believe you when you say it was only a kiss, besides...you and Ella ? This is the funniest thing ever.

It is indeed funny. Ella's definitely not my type. Sure, she's pretty and stuff but being pretty isn't everything. When I don't reply, Bea hugs me.

- Listen, I'm sorry okay ? I didn't mean to upset you, but Magda needed me and...

- Since when is Magda more important than I am ?

I tease her but I feel like I have said the wrong thing. Bea takes a step backwards and scratches the back of her neck awkwardly.

- Magda isn't more important than you are. It's just,...it's complicated.

She says, biting her lip nervously.

- It's okay Bea, I'm glad that you and Magda are so close.

I try to change the subject cause I can sense that for some reason it is indeed complicated. Bea's phone vibrates and she checks the message she just received. She then looks at me with a guilty expression and red cheeks.

- I've got to go Julian, I'm sorry. It's,...it's Magda.

She explains pointing at her phone. I nod my head.