Seven

I chose to be your friend, but falling in love with you was out of my control.

Junior high school had always been a struggle for both Bea and me because it was the time when we had to be apart for most of the day. According to our school system, we couldn't be in the same class and after school we were both focused me on football and her on her ballet lessons. Junior high, was when Bea had mostly to confront Ella. It's not like Ella was always mean, it's just that she's super competitive. She doesn't want anyone to be better than her as far as ballet is concerned and Bea was a natural talent. Plus, Ella didn't want anyone to be more good looking than she is. That's why she made Magda her best friend, because Magda is maybe the most beautiful girl in the entire school and being friends with her, meant she didn't have to compete with her. So maybe that was the problem with Ella. She wasn't neither the best ballerina nor the most beautiful girl. Well, not for me at least.

- Hey Julian, Bea came.

- Mhh,...

- Should I tell her to leave ?

- Yes,...

- Okay.

- Wait what ?

My eyes open wide, my mum looks at me confused.

- Sorry to disturb your sleep but Bea came and she seems upset, I thought maybe you wanted to talk to her, but since you said...

- No, no! Tell her to wait for me in the garden, I'm coming.

I stand up from my bed, do my morning routine as fast as possible, wear the first shirt I find and make my way to the garden. I'm hungry and I want to eat a huge breakfast and this is the only thing I can think about until I see Bea's expression. I wanted so badly to confront her about Neymar but being that sad, I can't even do that.

- Good morning.

I say and then I remember that I should be sleeping right now. She doesn't even smiles, just looks at me with teary eyes.

- What the hell Bea ?

I say and touch her arm gently. Bea starts crying.

Oh, I know what it is. That bastard. Neymar. He did that. He hurt her. Well, you should know something mr. Da Silva, I'm going to kick your ass for hurting the most important woman in my life. You're going to regret that you hurt her.

- It's alright Bea.

Don't worry sweetie. I swear, I'm going to kill him and then take my position back, because he stole everything.

- I can't believe he did that.

Bea said.

He. Yes he. I'm going to kill him.

- Whatever he did to you, he's going to pay because he's an idiot!

- I know, but don't talk like that for him, show some respect Julian please.

Respect ? What ?

- I don't respect people that play with other people's feelings. Let's go find him and I'm going to kick his ass.

- Julian, please! You don't know the whole story!

- You bet I do. Ella told me.

Bea looks at me confused.

- Ella ? But how does Ella know ?

- I think everyone knows Bea.

- Excuse me ?

- Everyone except me.

- But I'm here to tell you.

- Yeah, but I'm your best friend and therefore I'm the last one to learn about it.