2: The Cropfield

"Hey guys, Ambur and I are going to go back to the Shack, okay?" That's me. I'm Autumn and my nickname is Fall.

"Um, yeah. We'll meet you guys there in a couple minutes." That's my friend, Aaron. My other guy friend is Rien. They're both great.

"Oh, um, okay then. Be careful!"

"We will!"

"Hey Ambur, let's go get today's harvest."

"Yeah, okay." We strode over to the field to harvest the day's crops.

"Oh no!"

"What, what is it?" She sounded worried. But she had good reason.

"It's destroyed..." I wept. The field was shredded into burnt cornstalks.

"Oh Fall..."

I Started Weeping Hard. "It Took Me weeks to prepare these..."

"I know Fall... I know..."

My morning and sadness suddenly became anger and enragement. "I swear that someday, I'll make these stupid CLUs pay!!!!" I picked up a corn stuck it through a few yards away and grunted.

"It's okay Fall."

My anger changed back into sadness. "They killed our parents, Amb, how can you not hate them???"

"Because I'm afraid of them, Fall. Because fear is stronger than hate."

That definitely took my mind off being sad. "You do know that I'm totally gonna have to prove you wrong somehow, right??" I smiled. "Cuz I completely disagree."

"Oh yeah???"

"Yup!"