6: Mysterious Gold Light

Suddenly, there was a swarm of CLUs all over. Their black capes draped over me before I was wrapped tightly and went unconscious.

"No!" Screamed Ambur.

All of a sudden, a giant wave of light passed over everything with a boom. And the CLUs screeched and retreated.

"Whaaa?" I muttered softly just before I went unconscious.

-------------------------------------

The sweet sensation of pure golden sunlight washed over me. I had almost no recall of what had happened the night before. I walked out of the shack and walked to the beach. I'm not a huge fan of beaches but I do like to sit with my toes in the sand and wait for the surprisingly cold water to rush up my leg.

Aaron strolled over from behind and slid down next to me. A few moments went by before either of us spoke. And when it was time, he was the one to speak.

"None of us blame you for what happened last night, you know." He said quietly as he put his hand on my shoulder.

I sighed, and then said, "I know. But I can't help feeling guilty."

Aaron grabbed my shoulders and turned me towards him and told me firmly, "It is not your fault."

I looked away. He stared at me, waiting for a reply. I sighed.

He stood up and offered me his hand. I took it and he helped me up.

"Are you okay, Fall?"

"I don't even know any more, Aaron, I don't even know."