17: I May Just Be A Traitor

Rien and Aaron struggled and squirmed, groaning. "Let us go!"

"Aaron!" I reached my hand out, but realized that I could use this to my advantage and drew it back in.

"Fall, what are you doi-" His cry ended in a muffle as Lucifer slid his bony, pale hand over Aaron's mouth.

Lucifer removed his hand, replacing it with a blurry film over Aaron's mouth, his voice still muffled.

He also removed his hand from Ambur, leaving her suspended in the air.

He then smirked and raised his hands while closing his eyes, chanting, "RUKEN TITANI, ALUOSKEN." Over and over, which means, DARKNESS ABIDE ME, REVENGE SHALT BE OURS, in Mrakthynian mythological writing.

It was also a prime curse for summoning wraiths.

------------------------------------------

Two wraiths appeared at his sides, waist to waist, hissing quietly.

Lucifer looked to Ambur. "You're gonna die so slow..." He smiled a wickedly insane grin. "Have fun... Ambur." He pushed his hands slowly in front of himself. The wraiths followed, mouths dangling open and jaws swinging. The wraiths reminded me of CLUs. But Wraiths traveled alone, and CLUs traveled in packs.

Death by Wraith was much slower and more painful than Death by CLU. CLU death was swift and usually the CLU left as soon as it had done its job. Wraiths did so much more. They sucked out all your happy memories until all you have left is your worst one and then they suck out your oxygen and torture you until you not only die but until your spirit travels to Heaven or Hell.

I lowered my hands, making them even with my ribs. I entwined them together and blinked, signaling Your move.

He stared at me, as if to say Are you sure this is what you want?

I dipped my head in low nod. He continued to stare, but tipped his head in a tiny, tiny nod.

He smiled, definitely mocking me. Idiot, I just knew he was thinking.

He threw his hands around, straight at Ambur, and the Wraiths obeyed. They whipped forward, bloody, beady and black eyes seeping into her soul. I watched with the worst feeling I had ever felt. It was unbearable. I put my head down, unable to watch, and tried my absolute hardest not to cry. Tear by tear, my cheeks started to flow with the poetry of love. Love for my two best friends, love for my crush. They wrote riddles of our pasts and futures on my cheekbones. Our inevitable future was grief. Endless grief. For Ambur.