Taehyung ♡ Argument

Published: September 8, 2018
Rewritten: August 9, 2023

Word count: 1,223

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You huffed out a frustrated sigh as you picked up more clothes Taehyung had thrown on the floor

You huffed out a frustrated sigh as you picked up more clothes Taehyung had thrown on the floor. He's been extremely messy lately and you're not sure what the deal is. You've not had any issues with him until recently. He leaves his dishes sitting out on the kitchen table and his clothes in the floor. You've already talked to him about it once and he apologized, albeit halfheartedly, and said he'd try to do better, but it's clear he hasn't put forth any effort into doing better.
As if that wasn't frustrating enough, he's hardly home. You understand that he has practice and that he likes to hang out with the boys, but you were starting to feel a bit neglected. You only got to see him a few days a week for a few hours at a time. He comes home late into the night and goes to bed not long after. He says he loves you and kisses you and is super sweet, but it's as if he thinks he's doing everything right. He has no clue that he's being kind of inconsiderate.
As if on cue, Taehyung waltzed through the door as if nothing was wrong—because to him it wasn't.

"Hi darling." He greeted, delivering a quick kiss to your cheek in passing.
You didn't respond, this caused him to stop, turning back to you.
"What's wrong?" He asked with a pout.
You sighed and held up the handful of clothes you had picked up of the floor.
"Oh. Sorry, I must've forgot."
"Forgot." You echoed. "You forgot?"
"Yeah. I'm really sorry. I'll try to do better."
"You said that last time."
"I must have forgotten."
His nonchalance and lack of empathy was really starting to grind your gears. All plans of having a calm and civil conversation went flying out the window.
"Tae, I'm sick of cleaning up after you. It shouldn't be my job. Every once in a while is fine, but this has become a daily occurrence."
"Okay sorry. Jeez. you're starting to sound like my mom." He chuckled.
"This isn't funny, Taehyung!" You raised your voice. "I'm sick of it! Not to mention you're gone all the time. You always come home late and you hardly spend time with me anymore. You come in, give me a kiss, say a quick I love you and go to bed."
"That's not true. I've sat down and watched TV with you before."
"Hardly."
"You need to calm down." He said sternly. "I step through the door and first thing you do is start berating me."
You clenched your jaw.
"I'm berating you because you don't realize you're doing anything wrong! You leave messes and you hardly give me the time of day anymore. I'm starting to feel like you don't care about me."
He rolled his eyes. "Now you're just assuming things."
"Am I just a maid to you, Taehyung?"
"You're not and you know that. Why are you being so uptight?"
"Uptight?" You scoffed.
"Yeah! You sound like my mom nagging me. You're griping because you're sick of cleaning up my messes, well you know what? You don't have to clean them up!"
"You're right, I don't, but it's annoying to see clothes and towels and dishes lying around. I live here too, you know!" You shouted.
"Well, you don't have to live here!"
You froze. Your eyes widened for a moment and you could feel a twinge of pain in your chest, but you pushed away your emotions.
"You're right. I don't." You snapped and stormed off.

You went into your shared room and grabbed a small duffel bag, throwing clothes into while mumbling angrily to yourself. Your eyes were watering even though you were still mad, but you were sad too. Arguing with Taehyung felt like a crack in your relationship and your heart ached at the fact that you two had fought. But at the same time, you were getting fed up with his behavior and needed to say something. Granted, the conversation was supposed to be civil, but his responses made you angry. Did he even care?
You zipped up the bag and grabbed your phone, ready to call Jungkook or one of the boys to see if you could stay with them for a night or two until you cleared your head.

"Y/n!" Taehyung rushed into the bedroom, his eyes glossy, cheeks stained with tear tracks.
You dropped your phone and duffel bag at the sight of him.
"I'm sorry." His voice cracked.
You scowled at him, but your own tears were starting to build up. He shuffled across the floor and slung his arms around you in an apologetic hug. You kept your hands at your sides, a single tear breaking free and sliding down your cheek.
"I'm sorry I haven't spent more time with you and I'm sorry I yelled. You were only trying to voice your concerns and I didn't take them seriously. I hurt you and I'm so so sorry. I don't know what's been going on with me for the past month. I should have been cleaning up after myself instead of leaving messes, especially after you already brought it to my attention. It's common courtesy to tidy up. And I'm sorry I made you feel unloved. I do love you, so so so much." He kissed your cheek. "Please say something."
"I'm sorry too." You sobbed, letting your tears break free. "I shouldn't have overreacted. I made you feel like an awful boyfriend."
"No you didn't. I needed to hear those things. I shouldn't be leaving things for you to pick up later. And I have been spending extra time with the boys, I'm sorry. I'll do better I really will."
You sniffled, nodding your head.

He pulled away to look you in the eyes.
"I love you, Y/n. I hate fighting and I don't want this one, silly argument to tear us apart."
"Me either."
"I truly am sorry. I'll say it a thousand times if I have to."
"Tae, it's alright. I accept your apology."
"You do? You're not just saying that so I'll shut up?"
"No." You shook your head. "I mean it."
To further prove that all was well, you leaned in and pressed your lips to his in a tender kiss.
Taehyung chased after you when you pulled away, cupping your face while locking lips with you again. He forgot how good it felt to kiss you—actually kiss you, not give you a measly little peck on the lips.
"From now on, if we have any issues with each other let's talk it out, okay?" He asked after parting ways.
"And we hear each other out without jumping to anger." You added.
"Yes. There's no reason why we can't be civil about these things."
"I agree."
He smiled softly, happy to have patched things up with you so quickly. Even so, he felt like he needed to make up for his careless behavior over the last month.
"Let's unpack your bag and I'll order us something to eat. You get to pick. Then we can watch a movie, play video games, cuddle, whatever you want."
"Really?" The way your eyes glimmered sent Taehyung over the moon.
"Yes. You decide. How does that sound?"
"That sounds wonderful."

_____________________________________
Argument imagines are hard to write 🥴
I thought it'd be easy to rewrite these since the writing was nearly 5 years old and I could just jump right in and rewrite with no problems at all, but no.
Present me hates argument imagines because of how hard they are to write and how difficult it is to come up with causes for the argument, let alone for 7 different imagines. So I apologize if none of these are very good 😅

DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.