Namjoon ♡ Argument

Published: September 8, 2018
Rewritten: August 9, 2023

Word count: 1,688

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

It was a comfortable Thursday afternoon and Namjoon was at the BigHit dance studio practicing with the boys, leaving you at home

It was a comfortable Thursday afternoon and Namjoon was at the BigHit dance studio practicing with the boys, leaving you at home. Sometimes you liked to accompany him and watch him practice, however, today you felt like staying at home, not really having the energy to get out.

Your thumb pressed the arrows on the television remote, flipping through channels while looking for something that grabbed your attention. Somehow, you ended up watching an infomercial for some fantastic cleaner that takes out any stain—or so the commercial claimed. You watched in wonder as they sprayed dirty lawn chairs caked with pollen and other outdoor gunk that had been baked on by the sun. Immediately, the cleaner turned brown, dripping down the back of the chair. The person in the video used a cloth to swipe over the areas which had been sprayed, wiping it clean in one go.
"Yesss." You sighed out in satisfaction, leaning forward towards the TV to watch the before and after shots.
This kind of stuff was one of your favorite things to watch. It was always so pleasing to see things get cleaned, especially when you weren't the one doing the cleaning.
Of course, you were only interested for the duration of the infomercial. As soon as it ended, you were back to channel surfing.

After rolling around on the couch and flipping through hundreds of channels, you were growing bored.
The boys were usually at practice for seven hours which is a bit extreme, but the K-pop industry is extreme and they're quite literally the biggest K-pop group in the world. They have to practice often and make sure their choreography is perfect.
You got up off the couch and shuffled into the kitchen to make yourself something to eat. With not much energy or the patience to make a time-consuming meal, you settled for instant ramen; the easiest think to cook up.

While enjoying the instant ramen you prepared, you gazed out the window, admiring the view of Seoul. It was a beautiful city full of life and culture.
Maybe I should go out. You considered.
Then again, maybe not. Just the thought of having to get ready and actually go out had you feeling exhausted.
You rinsed your bowl and chopsticks with hot water before putting them in the dishwasher. Out of curiosity, you checked the digital clock on the microwave, seeing that Namjoon had been gone for six hours already.
"One more hour." You noted aloud.

You meandered through the apartment and into Namjoon's room, flopping down on his bed and counting all his Ryan plushies to pass the time. For a tough-looking rapper he sure was a softie, always taking care of his little plants, buying art, going on scenic bike rides, and taking photos of animals wherever he went. A fond smile pulled at your lips at the thought of your beloved boyfriend.

You got up off the mattress and wandered into his home studio. That room had always been so peaceful to you. It was decorated in true Namjoon fashion: natural driftwood table, a braided rug in earthy tones of olive green and beige, and of course a tiny bonsai. It was similar to his company studio, Rkive, but with a more homey feel.
You marveled at all his little figurines lining the shelves against the wall. You reached out and held one, carefully admiring the unique patterns all over it. You went to set it back on the shelf where you found it when it fell out of your hand and onto the floor, the leg of the figurine snapping off upon impact.