Jin ♡ Argument

Published: September 8, 2018
Rewritten: August 9, 2023

Word count: 1,364

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

It was a comfortable Saturday evening and Jin was in the kitchen cooking something that smelled absolutely delicious, as expected of someone as talented as him

It was a comfortable Saturday evening and Jin was in the kitchen cooking something that smelled absolutely delicious, as expected of someone as talented as him. While he was busy doing his thing, you were sat in the living room curled up in a chair reading on your phone. You could hear the sizzling food and the sound of the spatula being scraped against the pan even from where you sat.
At some point, Jin started singing quietly to himself, but his voice carried into the living room. Not that you minded, his voice was heavenly and you could listen to it for hours. Not to mention, it made for great background music to the story you were reading.

The peaceful and ambient mood was ruined when Jin burst out of the kitchen in a flurry, his sudden entrance making you jump slightly in surprise.

"Y/n!" He seemed in a rush.
You set your phone aside so you could give him your full attention. "What's wrong?"
"I forgot wine. I have to go to the store and get some."
"For what?"
"The food."
"Can't you just cook it without wine?" I asked.
"No. This is a crucial ingredient. Will you watch the food while I'm gone? I'm just going across the street."
"Sure."
"Thank you. You're the best." He gave you a peck on the cheek.
You watched as he zoomed out the door, in a rush to get what he needed. You chuckled lightly and shook your head.
That man is something else.

Picking up where you left off, you read a couple more paragraphs before deciding to check in on the food—it smelled amazing. You followed the delectable scent into the kitchen, wanting to get a look at what Jin was cooking. Peering into the sizzling pan you saw some sort of beef with sesame seeds and onions, the smell wafting up into the air.
You briefly shuffled the meat around in the pan to make sure it didn't stick or burn.

After keeping an eye on the food for a few minutes you could see it was getting close to done. There was a bit of pink in the middle, which was how Jin liked his meat cooked. You grabbed a fork and took a bite of it, giving one of the pieces a test taste. It tasted incredible, but it needed something. There was a slightly bland aftertaste and you wondered if adding wine would even fix that.
Rummaging through the pantry, you found some soy sauce.
Perfect!
Just a little splashed on the meat should do the trick. Maybe it would even enhance the flavors of the wine once Jin added it.
You opened the lid and poured just a touch of the dark liquid over the beef, mindful not to add too much. You were so focused on the food you didn't hear Jin walk in.
"Hey!"
You flinched in response to the loud exclamation and an extra splash of soy sauce came out of the bottle.

"What are you doing?" Jin asked, storming over to the stovetop.
"I just thought it needed a little soy sauce."
"It didn't need soy sauce. It needed wine. That's why I left." His tone was sharp and laced with frustration.
"I'm sorry." You apologized meekly, your voice coming out quieter than you intended.
He groaned. "You should stop messing with stuff you know nothing about."
Your jaw dropped in disbelief.
"Well sorry I'm not and expert like you, Jin."
"Just get out! You'll only mess things up more." He shouted, muttering the last part a bit quieter, but you still heard it.
That hit you hard, like a knife to the chest.
You swallowed, your throat dry as you responded. "Okay. Fine."

You left the kitchen feeling an uncomfortable heaviness in your heart.
You'll only mess things up more.
Jin's words replayed in your head like a broken record, each time like a harsh twist to the figurative knife in your chest.
You never did feel like you could do anything right, always messing something up, and what Jin said only made those thoughts of self-doubt more prominent.
Your feet carried you to the bedroom where you quietly closed the the door behind you, making sure to lock it. Shuffling over to the bed, you let out a shaky sigh, dropping down onto the mattress. Jin's words kept repeating in your mind, each time it hurt a little more, especially since those words came from someone you loved.

What were you thinking? Why would you mess with the food he's cooking? You thought.
All he asked was for you to watch over the food, not add stuff to it. You can't listen to simple instructions?

In the moment, you didn't know you were doing anything wrong and truthfully, you didn't think he'd care. The both of you had been dating for a year and you've cooked together a few times before, so you assumed it was okay to help out.
Stupid. You thought to yourself.
A tear fell down your cheek unwarranted, you were quick to wipe it away, telling yourself that getting so upset over this was stupid and no normal person would get so torn up about it. Plus, it was your fault.

Jin had never gotten so angry before.
There was no way you could go back out there, not for a while, anyway. You needed time to calm down and be by yourself. You'd get over it.

"Y/n?" There was a light knock on the door.
You instinctively hugged your knees to your chest and buried your head in your arms as if to make yourself invisible.

"Y/n." Jin said in a more apologetic tone.
"Go away."
"Y/n... I'm sorry."
"No, I shouldn't have messed with your food. You're right. I know nothing about all that. I just messed it all up."
Jin sighed. "I didn't mean that."
"Yes you did."
"I was just angry. Will you please open the door?"
"No."
"Please. I want to apologize properly."
"No. I'm still mad at you."
"Please don't be. I'm sorry, princess."
"Don't start using pet names to make me feel better, Seokjin." You murmured, even though the nickname made your heart flutter.
"Please. I'm so sorry. I don't ever want to make you sad."
"Too late."
Jin was quiet. You sat and waited to see if he gave up and walked off.
Sliding off the bed, you shuffled towards the door and stood in front of it, your hand hovering over the handle.
"Y/n."
He was still there.
"Please open the door."

Finally, you caved. You unlocked the door and pulled it open but kept your head down. Jin's arms wrapped around you and pulled you into his chest.

"Sweetheart, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that."
You didn't respond.
"If it makes you feel better, I added the wine and tasted the beef. It's actually really good. You made a good call with the soy sauce."
"You're just saying that to make me feel better."
"No, I'm telling the truth. It added just enough flavor, not too much."
"Really?" You asked, finally meeting his gaze.
"Yes."
"I still shouldn't have done what I did. You only asked me to watch the food, nothing more."
"No." He cupped your cheeks. "You didn't mess anything up. Everything is okay."
You nodded. "Thank you."
"You wanna go try the food?"
"Yes please."
He smiled and gently took your hand, leading you into the kitchen where he had two plates sitting on the dining table. You smiled softly.
"This is what I had planned for tonight." He mentioned. "Sorry I ruined it."
"I should be the one that's sorry. I messed with your food."
"And it turned out great." He added, stepping towards you and placing a kiss on your forehead. "Everything turned out just fine. I know those negative thoughts of yours are telling you different and still trying to make you feel guilty, but don't listen to them, okay? Listen to me."
You nodded, your heart swelling with adoration for the man standing before you.
"Now, let's eat."

_____________________________________
The original word count on this before the rewrite was 812 and I made it 1,364 😬
I accidentally got too into it and wrote Y/n as a person like me who makes one little mistake and thinks they're the biggest screw up in the world and can't do anything right h a 🙃 Sorry for that.
Unless of course you're someone like me and this imagine brought you comfort in some way or made you feel less alone, then I'm glad and I hope you enjoyed it 🖤💜

DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.