Thank you

Jennie groaned as she tried to open her eyes, she was sleepy after all. She was about to wake up thinking she'd be late for school but grinned afwards she realized today was holiday. Due to something at school, it was closed and Jennie was happy but also sad, because she wanted her apple and a juice from Lisa.

As promised, Lisa bought Jennie an apple and a juice these past days. She was happy and always had an unsettling feeling whenever she saw Lisa. It was weird. And she was more vulnerable when she remembered that tomorrow was her last day in school. She had to give the file back to the administration and her parents had already signed it.

Although she was sleepy, she tucked herself out from her massive bed and stood up, stretching her arms.

Today was a special day, very special to her.

She quickly managed to wash her face and change into new clothes and ran downstairs. She walked down the grand and big stairs while searching the apple of her eye, her dad.

"Appa?" She called out once she reached down and looked through the living room.

She then proceeded to his study office but still no sight of him.

"Appa!?" She yelled a little louder and it echoed through the big house.

"Jennie,, are you alright!??" The worried mother instead came running after hearing her daughter scream so loud. Even the maids followed to see if the daughter is okay or not.

Jennie flashed a small smile and nodded, "I'm fine, and where is appa?"

"Oh, honey, he went to work because something urgent aroused and he was needed." Her mother said.

Jennie frowned, "It's his birthday today, eomma"

"He promised to get back for dinner, Nini." Her mother assured her as she patted her back lightly.

Still, the frown was evident in Jennie's face but she quickly wiped off the frown and smiled back at her mother.

"It's okay then, I was thinking to go to the mall to get him something."

"Ahh...I'll come with you darling." Her mother replied.

Jennie smiled and said 'okay' because she exactly knew why she had said it. She wanted to protect her and if something suddenly happened to her, it could be tragic. She understood her mother a lot ever since she saw her cry the first time they found out about her disease.

"Well, hello guys." Someone said and got their attention.

Both of them looked back and saw no other than Kim Seokjin,

Jennie's one and only cousin.

"Oppa?" Jennie said with wide eyes because it was a long time since they met each other.

"Jennie!!" Jin shouted as he hugged the fragile Jennie.

"Good morning, omoni." Jin greeted Jennie's mother.

"Aigoo, you've become more handsome." She smiled and looked his face precisely.

"It runs in our blood," Jin said with a cheeky smile.

"What brings you here darling?" The mother asked.

Jin smiled and held the big paper bag up and said, "It's uncle's birthday, so I thought of coming here and saying him my greetings. Where is he by the way?"

"Ah, he's at work, Seokjin. He'll only be back by dinner."

"Aish..." Jin grumbled.

"You can stay here for dinner, oppa." Jennie said while clinging into his arm.