Ground

"Hey, you alright?" Chaeyoung asked as she passed the glass of water to Lisa.

Lisa smiled but it wasn't her usual happy smile. Chaeyoung exactly knew it because she was her best friend for a reason,

"What's wrong?" Chaeyoung said as she sat beside Lisa.

Lisa closed her eyes and sighed because something was bugging her and it was making her curious. She drank the glass of water infront of her.

"It's Jennie."

Chaeyoung looked Lisa ans whispered, "What about Jennie? Did she say something to you?"

Lisa shook her head and said, "Not to me,"

Chaeyoung looked confused and asked her to tell her in detail so Lisa said everything that she heard a few days ago after their first date.

Lisa carried Jennie's phone and rushed out from the cab as she started to walk towards Jennie's house. As she was approaching, she saw Jennie and Nayeon talking about something outside. She could have interrupted them but Jennie's word caught her attention.

"Even if I cannot be her permanent girlfriend, let me be her temporary."

Nayeon stared Jennie for some time and said,
"But you have to tell her, Jennie. What will happen to her if you suddenly leave? She has to know..."

Jennie already had tears on her eyes but she wiped it and said, "I'm not telling her...I don't want to hurt her."

Lisa hid herself behind the big oak tree beside Jennie's house as she eavesdrop on their conversation.

"She'll hurt more if you go on like this. You even have to tell your friends, Jennie. If you won't, I will tell them. I won't hesitate because they deserve the truth." Nayeon voice sounded so serious that even Lisa felt herself shivering.

Jennie was shocked by it but she said the last word, "Do what you want."

Lisa heard the main gate opening and closing so she peeked a little bit and saw that only Nayeon was standing there with her brows furrowed with frustration. She understood that Jennie must have gone inside already. She watched Nayeon going in her car and driving away.

She felt heavy because of the conversation they shared.

What is it? Jennie is leaving?

She was more curious.

Chaeyoung patter Lisa's head and said,
"You should ask her about it."

"How can i ask her directly? She isn't even ready to tell me and I have no guts to tell her that I overheard her conversation with Nayeon."Lisa sighed.

"Where do you think she is leaving? It's such a mystery."

"And it's more frustrating that she will leave me....I just got hold of her. I want to know what they were talking."

"Maybe she'll tell you soon...For now, don't overthink." Chaeyoung said as she held Lisa's hand.

Lisa smiled back and intertwined their hands and was thankful because of Chaeyoung. She felt at ease due to her.

"I love you, Chaeng."

Lisa said to her best friend and her savior.

Chaeyoung was stunned for a moment but she shrugged it off and smiled back with a little hint of nervousness,

"Love you too, Lalisa."
-

"I knew that devil had an eye for you," Jisoo said to Jennie as they walked together carrying their shopping bags. Jisoo had insisted to go shopping and Jennie wanted to make it upto her and say her that she's dating Lisa. Irene, Seulgi and Wendy could join them later for lunch.